Tint law/regulations in toronto??

does anybody know what the tint law in toronto or even all of ontario is?? because i know some places u can’t have it on the windshield, or on the front door windows… anybody know?? and is there a law of how dark u can go?? like can u have presidential tint or is that too dark?? i tried searching google, but no results… does anybody know of any web pages where i can read up on the law?? thanks…

windshield – 100% of light passing through (meaning no tint at all)

front side windows – “as not to obstruct the driver’s view out” AND not block an outsider’s view in (vague law… theres no set percentage)

rear side and back window – anything you want

ive herd 5% is the darkest you can have?

5% is pretty dark for the sides. You can get away with that on the 1/4 windows and rear but maybe not the side windows. It doesnt mean people dont have it done and do get away with it all the time. It just takes 1 time for a cop to notice it for you to get a ticket.

Well, except for the strip at the top… not suire what the max legal size is. I think you can have that as dark as you want, not sure though.

Well, except for the strip at the top… not suire what the max legal size is. I think you can have that as dark as you want, not sure though.[/quote]

truth.

I think there is a marking on the windshield that marks that spot.

Its 10 inches from the top of the front down.

i have 25% on my driver and passenger and 5% on my rear… only thing that sucks is you cant see shit behind you at night… good thing no one can see you at all… and front window by law cant be more than 6 inches from the top… from what a cop told me.

TRANSLATION: officer’s discretion.

i’ve been pulled over once before because my front side windows. i didn’t get a ticket, but be sure that dark tint isn’t worth the hassle or the fines, depending on how dark it is.

no way man i think the darkest u can have it is 20 % on driver and passenger side windows…the back windows can be darkER but not completlely dark that you cant see IN. thats a ticket right there.

i have 30% tint on my mazda 3 front side windows from the dealer.

Do you have ANY idea what you’re talking about? Seriously.

iirc the law in ontario for the front side windows is no darker then 30% the rear windows can be as dark as 5% which is limo tint

when i got pulled over, i spoke to the officer. had to in order to talk my way out of it.

i pleaded ignorance, saying it was 30%, what i thought was the legal limit, and told him i’d get it fixed. meanwhile i didn’t purchase the tint, previous owner did, and it was definitely darker than 30… “burden of proof” got me off. he was saying he couldn’t prove it was 30% as i was claiming, i said he couldn’t prove it wasn’t. i got lucky with a nice cop anyways - could’ve given me a ticket anyways had he felt like it.

he said it’s all officer’s discretion, just like exhaust noise…

they call the shots. don’t mess.

well actually, if you read the actual law instead of talking shit, you would quickly realize that there is no set VLT for any window except for the front.

the hta says exacally what spd vtec said…

i asked a officer and he said they just pull out a white car and put it behind the window if they cant see the writing on it then its to dark… sounds retarded to me…

just save yourself the hassle and when you get pulled over roll down your window before the officer comes to the car… this way it gives him 1 less reason to be a prick!

unless you get pulled over BECAUSE OF your tint. then that’s kinda pointless.

i like cheese