safe tint % ?

this is limo, probably wouldn’t recomend going this dark

it looks cool but is hard to see at night

what type of sideskirts do you have?

to be completely honest i really dont know, i bought a half cut and they came with it, i was told they are stock silvia but i highly doubt that, although they are NOT fiber glass

looks good…I’m looking to purchase a set of sideskirts like those…I want to get rid of my UDSM stock sideskirts.

thanks… yea i have usdm ones too platoons has oem silvia ones forsale?

Those arent USDM. No USDM S13 came with skirts that flared out like that.

They are 180sx skirts or silvia skirts, both are the same and are made of fibreglass, although i think some were FRP.

Okay guys, I have heard from a little bird that if you get a doctors note regarding sensitivity of skin in sun, you are allowed to have acceptions to get rediclous tint. Anyone know more about this?

no I think thats BS, but if it is true you I bet you can only tint the drivers side.
I dont see why ppl just dont do what they want. I had dark tints on my hatch and a loud exhaust I passed cops everday going 10-15 over and never got pulled over once. if you want it do it. nuff said

wow white2abbit nice kouki :slight_smile:

You’re lucky then. I will see if I can convince my mom to give me one of these notes.

There is something in the law about having an unrestricted view out of the windshield and both windows to either side of the driver… I have talked to a cop friend about this and he said any tint could be deemed as restricting your view on the side windows

Well i worked at a shop called Auto Edge, we did window tinting rust proofing and shit like that… well the front drivers and passenger side window was only allowed to have 35% … which in my opinion is way too light. Any ways… the back windows and rear windshield your allowed to have it as low as 5% which is limo dark… which is too dark at night btw, i wouldn’t recommend going that dark. But oddly enough my shop is the only shop that wouldn’t go lower then 35 in the front… but if you go anywhere else they’ll put 5 if ya want. the odd thing about this though is, i’ve asked many ppl and also did a little research, and i cant seem to find a “legal” % to window tinting, guess my boss was just a pansy! HA…

And besides i’ve seen cars and trucks with 5% and they don’t get pulled over.

i` just in o wa a ptbo cop told me

thnx.

i’ve never been pulled over with my 5%…if i see a cop RIGHT behind/beside me, etc., i’ll make sure the sunroof visor is open, and/or open a window or two a crack…just opening the window an inch lets enough light in for the tint to seem legal…or at least closer to legal…

in the summer my windows/sunroof are open all the time, so it isn’t even an issue…

5% is a bit dark for night, especially if it’s raining…otherwise, i’ve gotten used to it…however i do have “good eyes”… 20/10 vision :wink:

^20/20 is perfect vision so I’m guessing you’ve got glasses?

nope. 20/10 vision is when an object that is 20 feet away appears as clear as an object 10 feet away for a person with 20/20 vision…

“A visual acuity of 20/20 is frequently described as meaning that a person can see detail from 20 feet away the same as a person with normal eyesight would see from 20 feet. If a person has a visual acuity of 20/40, he is said to see detail from 20 feet away the same as a person with normal eyesight would see it from 40 feet away. It is possible to have vision superior to 20/20: the maximum acuity of the human eye without visual aids (such as binoculars) is generally thought to be around 20/10 (6/3) however, recent test subjects have exceeded 20/8 vision. Recent developments in optometry have resulted in corrective lenses conferring upon the wearer a vision of up to 20/10. Some birds, such as hawks, are believed to have an acuity of around 20/2; in this respect, their vision is much better than human eyesight.”