question about trucks

well as told in my other post, i need to get a new dd. i have 10000 from my old zr2 to spend and i would like to keep my next truck in that range so i dont disrupt the z06 fund. i was thinkin of getting another 99ish zr2 in the 50-70k range for 10000 or so. the other thing i was thinking was to maybe get a tacoma, 4 or 6 cyl. i drive a ton of highway and miles will rack up quick. i loved my zr2 and had no complaints except for gas mileage. i hear tacomas r super-reliable and get better gas mileage. i dunno what to do. i found some nice zr2s within the specs im lookin. ive also found 2 tacomas, one has 70000mi for like 11 (of course ill talk them down) and another tacoma w/ 40000mi they want like 13 though. i dunno if i should stick w/ the Zs or go try to deal on a tacoma…any suggestions?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=174298728&dealer_id=55602464&car_year=1999&search_type=both&make=any&transmission=&distance=25&address=15209&advanced=y&certified=&max_mileage=&max_price=12000&min_price=9000&first_record=26&end_year=2006&color=&start_year=1981&drive=4+wheel+drive&isp=y&engine=&body_style=TRUCKS&lang=en&fuel=&doors=&cardist=18

I’d get something like this… better gas milage than a 4.3

depends… the Zr2 gets about just as good gas mileage as a Silverado.

the Orange one brian has is only the 4.8L V* so it would get better than normal mileage for a Fullsize truck.

not to mention the 4.8L is interchangable with LS1 parts :wink:

Buy my 03 Dakota

i would go 99 ^ f/s gm or a tacoma

go silverado smokey. i had a 4.3 and my 5.3 gets way better mpg. on average of how i drive 17 to 18 thats combined. also the Z71 silverado bed is larger by 1/2’ and interior space is about the same as a extended cab s10. i had a s10 4x4 so im basing my comparison off of it. honestly i would jump on that 01 sunset orange Z71 of brians. i seen it and it has the same LS package as my truck does. its alot better quaility then my s10 was.

that z71 is awesome. but the only thing thats keepin me away is no extend cab. i pretty much have to have that extra space. this is a tough desicion.

http://www.jjsautomotive.com/00silverado.htm

How much $ to finish something like that Brian?

-TJ

800 to a grand

honestly smokey i had my extended cab s10. my silverado has more room and its a single cab

So around 13k finished??? Hmmm. Too bad banks won’t finance on R-titles. :frowning:

-TJ

some do