Question for audiophiles HD800

Hey guys

Anyone here an audiophile? and if so anyone tried the HD800? How do they stack up to any other headphone you have tried?

I am looking to buy a headphones that can get me as high fidelity as I can with out braking the 2k mark. I don’t have 60k and up to drop into a sound system to the caliber I’m looking for.

My dream house would have a 3 person couch in the center with a 100k system all around in a sound proofed and acoustically tuned room. with a full setup to hit every frequency at a perfect flat bar in all 4 corners of the room. Makes it sound like its in your head.

anyways let me know if anyone has tried these headphones.

They are very good dynamic drivers.

Personally, I’d swing for a planar magnetic before a dynamic, but it depends a bit on your tastes. If you prefer neutral response the HD800’s are likely the best bet sub 2K.

Just be aware, you need to drive them. They’re not exceedingly demanding, but you really need a high end portable or decently power dedicated headphone amp to drive them properly.

yeah im looking for as flat of a bar as possible. something able to hit highs and lows as accurately as possible. To be honest I love good clear sound and would love to spend lots to get it but at the same im the biggest newb audiophile out there. Not sure whats good or not but know what i want to hear.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

one other thing i was wondering anyone know a place to listen to songs like groveshark but at very high bit rates? So at least same quality as a CD if not better? As MP3’s and youtube audio are compressed.

As pathetic as it is, CD’s are about the highest quality available for the vast majority of content.

HDTracks.com has some higher res stuff, but the selection is rather limited. Good luck finding an audiophile streaming service. Buy CD’s and rip them yourself to WAV or lossless with properly configured software, stream with Subsonic.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

The CEntrance HiFi-M8 is probably the rig to swing for if you’d prefer portable.

I love the Sennheiser stuff. I primarily use my headset on my computer since I don’t have speakers and I game with it. I jumped from the Sennheiser PC350s to a Corsair headset and the audio quality dropped immediately. I’ll be going back ASAP. Now the headset only runs around $2-300 but even their cheaper stuff sounds great.

Interesting lots to think about here.