Question for Rochester people, tried to find a good alignment shop for lowered cars

Hey all,
New to this board… not new to cars… BUT… I’m having a hell of a time trying to find a good, reasonably priced shop to get my lowered twin turbo stealth aligned. Just put on some Tein S Tech springs with new oem ecs struts and new tierod ends. I have been running into either my car is too low to get on the alignment rack, shops are too lazy/never worked on a stealth before, or they are way expensive. I also have a set of 4 tires I need mounted and balanced but again, all these shops want to do is rape you from $25 to $50 a tire for mounting/balancing and that is IF they can get the car on the lift. It’s about as low as new vette… its not THAT friggin low but these shops are all lazy. Who knows of a good, reasonably priced shop that can do a GOOD alignment and mount/balance tires without me having to shell out $$$$$??

Must be in the Rochester area, prefer $20 or less for mounting/balancing tires (245/45/17’s and are used just to pass inspection) and would prefer less than $100 for a GOOD alignment from a shop that knows what the hell they are doing… not some half assed place that has 19 year old rejects working there who have no clue what their doing and charge me for crap work. PLEASE HELP… people who know of GOOD places that are AFFORDABLE, chime in! Thanks!!

Jim

i would say go to a GM dealer if its as low as a vette but i am fulyl aware of how much a dealer would charge for it

Less on the affordable side, but more on the “alignment done perfectly to your specs none of this in the ‘range’ bull shit”. Craigs Autometrics.

I have had good luck with Scotties in Brighton.

Thanks for the suggestions so far all… I have talked to Craig Autometrics and they are a top contender so far, just a bit more expensive. Anyone ever use The Alignment Clinic on W Ridge Rd in Greece? Also, remember, I still need to get a set of tires mounted/balanced… let me know!! Thanks all!

Jim

Oh… also, if you know the prices these places charge for both alignment and mounting/balancing tires, that would be much appreciated so I can get a feel for what places I will eventually call. Thanks again guys… I appreciate the your input!

Jim

Twin turbo stealth are a bitch to align.

yes… i am aware… thats the point of this thread. lol… want a good shop who knows what they are doing… also though, the tires! Someone has got to know a decent place to get tires mounted for a reasonable price around here… help!

Jim

+1 That’s where we take all of our cars

You arent going to find one single place that has significantly different prices than every where else. It just wont happen.

Well stop being cheap. 2454517 is a low profile tire. I doubt you will find someone to mount four for under100.

I did.

Tony at Arango Automotive in Webster mounted 4 low profile tires on my new wheels for $75. They do good work, however they don’t do alignments.

I would definitely pay Craigs for the alignment. They did my RX-7 and tracked down a suspension clunk as well for a very reasonable rate. I definitely was impressed with them.

I’d find somewhere cheaper for the mount/balance though. Like maybe that plate Shockwave posted.

I went through the mount and balance ordeal a few times in the last 2 years. Some shops want to charge $50 a tire. I actually laughed at Dun tire when they made me an offer of around $200. Then they said they would work with me and I just hung up the phone.

Honestly, the cheapest I have found that does decent work in the tires is Sears in Marketplace mall of all places. They charged me $120 to mount and balance 4 225/40/18s. I make sure I am there when they do it, but I have not had any issues with them as far as the mount and balance goes. I have been back there for my second set of tires as well with no issues.

I used to go to Auto Crafting until the didnt put my valve stems in and then “lost” them until I showed up there and demanded my money back or the valve stems. Then suddenly the valve stems reappeared. I had a good experience there the first time, but never went back after the second.

I cant help you with the alignment issue… I usually go to the dealer and they charge about $75 for a 4 wheel on my STI.

I’m sorry but did I ask for banter? Stop being cheap?? It’s highway robbery what the places are charging to mount/balance tires. I remember before the huge internet boom where you could get tires online WAY cheaper than you could at a local store, shops would mount/balance anything you wanted for $10 to $15. But ever since the internet has chewed into their sales, they are now charging ridiculously high prices to make up for the money they loose on tire sales. Hell, Dunn Tire even told me this exact thing straight up. They said basically, hey… you don’t buy the tire from us, we are gonna screw you for mounting it b/c otherwise we would make no money.

So, if you don’t have anything construction or helpful to say, stay off my thread. This is the 2nd post you’ve made in this thread and BOTH have been negative. I personally feel this thread could be a very good value for the community to know who does good work and who is reasonably priced rather than spending 2 weeks calling around to every shop in town and then trying to find out whether or not they do good work.

For everyone else who has left good feedback, thank you and I look forward to hearing from more people on this subject of mounting/balancing tires and alignments. I appreciate your time!

Jim

Heaven forbid companies charge enough to make a profit, the nerve of them.

Craig Autometrics. you pay for what you get and these guys are great.

It is not the internet that makes the tire prices.It is the manufacturer. It is not robbery.I am just giving my customer a better deal for buying tires from me. you have to realize the cost of running a shop.It cost money for the lights,air compressor,lifts,tire machines to operate.On top of the cost of the front end staff,technician,manager,and the owner to make a living. obviously you work somewhere who does not have to turn a profit to stay in business.I would also rather pay a qualified place to mount my tires then some cheap place who does not care if they scratch a rim. book labor says 1hr to mount 1hr to balance. I say anything near 100 is a good deal.

Another +1 for Craig Autometrics, both for alignment and mounting and balancing. I trust my car to no other.