question for seasoned bikers about what to do in a situation i was in

I’m stupid :(. I really need to order mine. I don’t know why I’ve been putting it off…

it doesn’t take a lot of angle increase off of zero to yield a large increase in the slope of the tangent of the sine function.

Although these things are sometimes unavoidable, try to look further down the road to anticipate this kind of stuff.

If in it, I do what was discussed here. That and shit my pants.

I think I would have tried to get the weight off the front, but until you are in a situation like that, it is hard to know your presence of mind. Sounds like you did not panic and crash like some might be prone to do?

As far as, you should have known not to get stuck, thats true… but there are no perfect rides. My rides to and from work are full of " I could have done X or Y a little better" ,or " I should have noticed Z a little sooner"

Although, for fun I have started riding my FZR off road, so what do I know… Its challenging to ride in a field and over what used to be railroad tracks :smiley:

aside from the math, the best way (coming from a motocross background) to stop a head shake is take as much pressure off the front wheel by accelerating, this will allow your arms to take control of the wheel.

here is how a head shake can turn into a tank slapper: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUBwCX_Mv2Q

I concur. :stuck_out_tongue:

lol while I’m not quite visualizing the FBD as clearly as I think you are, I get what you’re saying.

yes. :tup:

If your front end of the bike is oscilating from side to side the worst thing you can do is touch the brakes. Im not sure as to what happened, if it was just an edge of new pavement or if it was a crack or etc etc… but if your front tire is being guided along a groove in the pavement, your best move is to not fight it and not brake. Acceleration is the correct way out of a tank slapper. As for if your bike is constantly shaking, you might wanna have the geometry/suspension of your bike set up properly. make sure your tires are inflated properly, balanced, of adequate tread/wear, and the correct size. A steering damper is not a correction for a poorly set up suspension, fwiw.

Good luck, be safe

i have been in a few tank slapers and have always accelorated out of them!

^ I watched that too. Crazy…

:lol: fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuuuuuuck

…I shouldn’t laugh…

Is that Rossi?