Road Shit: Gravel Trap

My 3rd fear of riding twisties or street riding in general.

Note the wheel damage caused by those guard rail posts, which in and of itself, is literally a decapitation hazard. Guy lucked out he walked from this, Not so much for his '12 848 EVO Corse SE; Any part of his body could have hit those posts instead of the wheel. :ohnoes

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SJRoMHt6s0[/ame]

Ugh

I’m actually planning a trip in August which includes that road. I’d really like to avoid that scenario

That’s why I wait til mid-late june to run up hunter mtn. At greene county runs street cleaners up 23a. That was a ridiculous amount of sand/salt. @rocketpunch Mind if I ask what your first 2 fears of twisties are?

2nd would be deers or anything that pops out from the side of the road in general.

1st would be being ram from the back by a cager; It is one thing when you can see what you cannot dodge, it is another when you can’t see what you cannot dodge. :rofl

Road debris is definitely my #1 fear of riding.

Way too often do I go into a turn only to find stones/dirt at the apex of the turn and try to stand the bike up more to lessen the chance of slipping.

>_<

Cagers would definitely be my 2nd fear. (Cars pulling out of side streets mainly)

I never really was hard in the corners… and now I’m already maxing out the lean on the new bike (well as much as I want to… scraping pegs now and I really don’t feel like buying new pegs every few months… lol). So my #1 is def. other cars then 2nd would be road debris

Running fast on roads with guardrails is tantamount to suicidal behavior in my book. That quick thrill is not worth the potential consequences. Yeah, I’m definitely getting old.

Yeah car drivers are my #1. Almost got smoked by a DHL van today.

I agree that its very dangerous, but I think I would hang up my leathers if I couldn’t ride fast

and I’m too broke to afford the track right now

If we had a lot of unpopulated open space here I think I wouldn’t even bother riding on the street and just go off-road all the time. Since that isn’t an option I just ride on backroads with few cars and enjoy the scenery. Cruising without being one of the “cruiser crowd” I suppose. Never was much for speed.

thats a huge fear of mine usually im at the back of packs riding tho

I’m sorry that guy’s line SUCKED! and his body position was horrible. No sliders ether?:Idiots

The less you lean your body over the more the BIKE has to lean to make a turn. He could have made that turn if he knew what he was doing to bad for the bike it’s owner has cash to burn on everything, but track days.

gravel was what bit me, then the tree.

My uncle watched his friend lowside infront of him on an exit ramp, wasnt flying just made a mistake. Bike hit the rail and blew to pieces… the dude at the last second put his arms and legs together like a water slide ride and went right between 2 posts and out the other side with only road rash! One of those pucker moments for sure.

One reason why I hate pushing my limits on railed or wooded turns. Much rather end up in a field than a solid object.

im with you, it looked like he was going into the guard rail either way with or without the gravel…

Exactly