Question for the diesel owners on here

you can find good deals now you just gotta look around i got my truck for 23k and it had 65xxx miles on it came with 5th wheel setup, brake controller, brand new tires, tonneau cover, and alot of extras. all the maintenance was done at denooyer i have all the maintenance records. plus the truck is pretty damn clean! just keep looking wat brand body style are you looking to get ill keep my eyes open

damn dude thats an incredible deal!!! i wish i could find something like that…

it took about 2 months of talking to 5 dealerships to get a good deal on the truck i have now!

oh im sure, well still, congrats lol

im not say that you in particular think that that is regular maintenance stuff, but that is stuff i here all the time as to why diesel are ridiculously expensive. which is usually never the case unless you buy a truck that has been pounded to shit or is one that just had problems right off the factory line. there again you can get the same thing with a gas engine, i dont think that ford planed on having all of the cylinder head problems that they are dealing with in the 5.4’s, but sometimes shit just happens.

yeah if my 95 wasnt 2wd i wouldnt have gotten rid of it. it wasnt ever babied, but it always got maintnence when it needed it. im sick of hearing that they were all pieces of shit and blew up, when all the ones that ive seen blown up were going 25k+ miles between oil changes and didnt know what maintnence was. i know they werent the best, but they didnt ALL blow up.
i had the boost cranked up on mine and had the fuel going right to it and that truck never skiped a beat. it would walk by a cummins 12valve any day of the week.

but oil changes and proper cool downs are crucial for turbo life, if your using your truck like a truck you need to let it cool down before you shut it off. the turbo bearings reach some pretty high temps, and if you just cut off oil flow the the charger while everyting is still toasty, the oil will actually bake to the turbo shaft, causing pre-mature wear.

and a big thing for fuel systems, especially for older trucks that are now running on this new fuel, is runing something for a fuel additive. the new fuel is as dry as it comes, so a little addded lubricity is a necessity.

u definitley know your shit man…and that 95 sounds like a sweet truck too bad it wasnt 4x4 id have kept it too

if you have a diesel that is equipped with a pre-heat system, there is no reason it wont start at 0* without being plugged in. if it wont then there is some kind of issue.

I would like a crew cab short bed. But I would be fine with even an extended cab shirt box. 4wd, power options. No need for leather seats as i would just ruin them.

i try, and yes im talking from experience i didnt just look stuff up on google

it was a good truck, but i wouldnt run it in the winter, and my winter truck was wrecked last year. so i figured id ship the truck and get a decent car to run most of the time and try to save a little coin commuting to school. i will be getting something for a new tow rig in the spring and it will most definitely be 4wd

and good luck with that, i hear ya on the school thing, i got one more year and if i dont get a new truck now, once im out its time to spend big coin lol

No idea what the issue is.
It did that last winter too. Not my truck so I dont really try to figure it out.

i hear ya there,i don’t touch anything unless im getting paid for it.

Yeah, at my work if I do something it has a way of becoming my responsibility from then on.

that’s usually when i stand back and pretend i don’t know anything.

Im slowly learning to do that now. I made the mistakes of doing shit before and now Im the one they tell to do it.

yeah i was looking crew or ext cab. crew is nice but because of the demand for them the price difference between the two is pretty high. ill keep my eyes open!

Just keep your eyes open. I got my crew cab dually fully loaded with a brand new motor for 19k. Had new tires and 5th wheel setup.

Thanks man. I found a 05 ext cab with 121k on wantadigest for 17k. That doesnt sound too bad.

I know I couldnt spend that much on a truck with high miles like that, even if its a diesel.

Figure a 6 year loan and how many miles you typical drive per year and that truck will have a ton of miles on it when its paid for.

Figure 12k per year for 6 years- thats 72k.
That truck would have 193k on it when its paid off. 12k is a low estimate on annual mileage too.

that kind of millage on a 05 without knowing any history would make me a little nervious