Question for the F-bod guys

So if GM did these cars in house after 2000, any idea why SLP would keep track of the build numbers ?

My guess would be to minimize the impact of the switch. If a 99 SS got an SLP build number to verify exclusivity, i would want one on my 00.

Maybe SLP still made the SS parts and just shipped the parts to GM and they put it together. :gotme:

SLP only kept track of the cars that went to SLP for options. You could conceivibly have an SS car that doesn’t have an SLP build number. 9 times out of 10 though the car was ordered with some type of SLP option and therefore still went to SLP for modification.

dont ask me y i have this, but i have a 2002 Camaro brochure (or whatever the last year thery were made was, it has the anniversary eddition one on the cover), and it has in the back a list of all the options orderable through SLP. i can scan the page if y’all would like to see it.

dooooooooooooooo it

yeah let’s see that, sounds like an interesting find mike :tup:

I had car 02 SS #805 with no SLP options. I still have the window sticker. I got my build number directly from SLP.

Yes, I agree with Chuck that the optioned SS cars went through SLP. What I don’t agree on is that the “no option” cars came directly from GM, I believe they went to SLP for the cosmetics (hood, spoiler, wheels, etc.).

I have a message out to the right guy and am waiting for the answer…