Question for the F-bod guys

Hey, In know the Camaro SS’s came with a “factory” performance kit from SLP.

Does that mean SS=firehawk? What are the camaro packages and their Pontiac equivalents?

Ty :wave:

Yes.

Camaro SS = Firehawk
Camaro Z28 = Formula / TA
Camaro RS = Firebird with ground effects and cosmetic stuff
Camaro = Firebird

it all becomes so clear…

Technically SLP owned the “SS” badge on the camaro until 2000, when GM bought the marketing rights for the SS from SLP. Up until then all camaro SS’s went to SLP. After 2000, unless specific SLP options were ordered it went straight from GM to the customer. the Firehawk is a specific package marketed and sold by SLP. The WS6 package was the GM “equiviant”, although the firehawk clamed 15 hp over the WS6, the firhawk also had much better handling charactoristics.

The Firehawk was also availible in a Formula package version.

FYI :wink:

SS=WS6, Firehawk is all together different. SS got you the ram air hood, so did WS6.

My boss has a 95 formula firehawk

SS = WS6
Z28 = T/A / Formula
Firehawk > all^

Blackbird>*

no SS = firehawk. The firehawk has ram air also.

The SS does not equal the Firehawk; plain and simple. The SS is the EQ of the WS6 package on the Birds.

The Firehawk is in a class by itself.

just ask at www.camaroz28.com; the HQ for F-body information; and one of the oldest messageboards on the Net.

BDR5ohMy boss has a 95 formula firehawk
My brother Eric has a '95 Firehawk. Is he your boss?

jeeves, you’re killing me here. SS=WS6. You could walk into any dealership in 2002 and see SS’s and WS6’s sitting in the showrooms. The ONLY way to get a Firehawk was to special order one through the dealer. They built them to order, period.

because as chuck already said GM bought it from SLP in 2000…

I always thought all the SS cars started life as a Z28 and went to SLP for hoods, spoilers, wheels etc. even without base options. In fact, my SS had no SLP options but I still had to contact SLP for my build number. I believe they did them until the end…

well at least people got something right Firehawk > *

All SS cars and Firehawk cars where sent to SLP bone stock, SLP did the modifications, until 2000, then a “stock” SS came directly from GM.

A firehawk always had to be special ordered. You never would have found one just sitting on the showroom floor. You’d be lucky to find a dealership that even knew what you where talking about.

SS + Firehawk + WS6 = more or less the same, with a few different style and mod options.

T/A + Z28 = more or less the same. i don’t know why formulas were made, its just a T/A minus appearance stuff, like better looking hook, spoiler, etc. (snky snky special i guess?)

i don’t know if firehawk > * though … …

:tup:

Firehawk pricetag >*

its 1LE > * All go no show and twice as secret :wink: :tup:

hawks and 1LEs are worth the price if you like having a special-order car that is rare though :slight_smile: In later years you could get an Z/28 with SS package and 1LE too