Question/opinion

I just called part source today and asked for 300zx tt front and rear brake calipers.

Front
$109 each+ $90 core charge

Rears
$123 each +$90 core charge

so… $947.60 taxes in for completly rebuilt calipers. Is this the way to go or take a chance on non rebuilt to save money (money not really an issue, but I still like a deal!!)? how much is a rebuild kit?

Can I pass off my stock s13 calipers as the core and get the core charge back?

What do you think? sorry if this has been covered before

Cody

I have 30mm aluminum ones and am in the middle of rebuilding them.

They were in great shape when I bought them (thanks Avery!!!), but decided not to take any chances. You can clean up most pitting inside the cylinders and on the pistons with emery cloth and Nissan sells the seal kit for around $50 plus taxes.

I am hoping to have just over 4our hundred bucks into them (including rotors and powder coating!) by the time i get the lines, but you can probably expect to have $600 into a pair by the time you get everything

just collect the parts peice by piece when you find deals, they are out there!

Seek and Ye shall find!

Theo

ps: any questions, fell free to contact me.

u might get stuck with paying the core fee if they know they arent the right ones…

some people have gotten away with it, but there is no mistaking the two calipers for each other.

One more thing, I know if you go to Nissan, the ones they sell you are not OEM Z32, they are aftermarket ones and do not say NISSAN on them so these are probably the same thing maybe? Maybe not if they are asking for a core…

if money is no issue, then why not go with something like willwood or brembo…?

be fair warned that the the Z32/R32 use an internal drum ebrake, entitrely different from S13. E-brake = safety requirement

OK IF U GUYS WANT TO REBUILD CALIPERS LET ME KNOW AND I MAY BE ABLE TO GET THEM DONE FOR YOU GUYS>(because i work at a shop). stock s13 and s14 are no prob got to double check on the z32

let me know… i just got mine done… cheap tooo!! and good

pm me if u want me too get them done for u

I dont think i understand your question…Part Source quoted you $109 front and $123 read each…
therefor $282.9 for rears and $250.7 for fronts taxes in = $533.6 total for 4 calipers.
where are you getting $947.60 from ??

“Is this the way to go or take a chance on non rebuilt to save money”
wtf ?? non rebuilt meaning NEW ? umm wouldnt that be the better choice especially if you claim they are cheaper? which i dont see how thats possible usually new parts are more expensie.
…anyways…

here is my suggestion… screw the rears, leave them stock you dont need to upgrade them… and visit http://srownersclub.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HT&Product_Code=BR-KIT1-30-AL&Category_Code=Z32KIT

now dont you think this is the smart move?? save money and get nice upgrated Z32 brakes and lines…everything a young boys car needs !!

947.60 includes the core charge and taxes

Hey Doba, why are you being a sarcastic ass?? 947.60 is with the core charge (is there tax on the core charge?) if not then 533.60 with tax and $90 core charge each = $893.60

everything a young boys car needs !!

haha I’m 31 and have owed more cars then you ever will.

Anyway thanks to all the other posts and opinions (even yours Doba)

I found all the parts for just the front end… new re-built calipers… top line rotors and pads for under $620.

wasnt being sarcastic nor an ass just saying i didnt quite see where the price was coming from, i guess without core the price would go higher, but if i were you id bring back the stock calipes in a box and get the core, they wont even look inside !!

just giving you what i think is a better upgrade…for about the same price in the end.

“everything a young boys car needs !!” wasnt intended at you buddy!! just a general statement !! also intended at myslef and everyone else. dont care how old you are nor what cars you owned.

By “top line” you mean top of the line or is that a company? again for a front package wouldnt the link i posted earlier make more sense?
unless theres something i dont know about re-built calipers please fill me in, but i think i rather have them brand new for about the same price !
just saying

Dude, you missed the word USED written in all caps in your link. It’s nice that they’re the aluminum ones thou, I believe they’re 3.6kg vs 4.8kg, so you’re saving on unsprung weight.

that i did thanks, still a good looking deal not only for the weight

where’s Bruce on this one?

“Visit Phil at JDMPLACE.COM, tell him bruce sent you”…

you can thank me later Bruce, or were the post nazi’s getting to you about all this JDM posts?