Brake Overhaul

Ok I have to change the brakes on my 89, non-abs. Preferably new parts if not then i guess rebuilt will do. I want to change the calipers, rotors and pads on all four corners.

First off anybody know where the best place is to get these parts (cheaper is obviously better) and the cost?

I’m most likely going to do them myself to save on the cost, but some estimates on what a shop might charge won’t hurt.

If you are gonna buy new calipers and rotors for the front, you might aswell get z32 calipers and rotors.
You can get rebuilt rear calipers from canadain tire and get money back when you return your old ones. (core charge stuff)

Z32 calipers are too much work. I mean its not too much work if you actually want the performance factor of them in your car, but theyre too much for me. Stock will do. If anything maybe the Q45 ones.

its absolutly no work @ all.
unbolt stock caliper
remove stock rotor
cut dust shield
put in new rotor
put in new caliper
connect with new line
bleed brakes
done
If you have everything prepared u can do it in under 2hrs

Yeah but the rotors have to be re-drilled. Plus sourcing the Z32 parts might be harder and more expensive. And like I said i dont need anything more than stock for right now.

I got a set of 4 Magnum drilled rotors and Metal Masters pads off eBay for $260 CDN all in. I’m happy with them. The improvement is actually pretty good, especially where it counts the most.