Brake Calipers

Does anyone know of a local place that rebuilds brake calipers? I tried Car Quest but they said they couldnt do it for my calipers because they’re rare (NX2000 fronts and rears) if i have to, i will go to Partsource and exchange them, but i just wanted to find out if there’s a cheaper solution first.

any feedback is appreciated.

Terry

hey man, i know of a place in Scarborough (Midland and Lawrence) called Midland Calipers, they charged me $75 per caliper to rebuild 300zx 4 piston calipers and they even painted them black for me, not the shiniest paint but it still looks good! i dont suppose your calipers would cost more than that, check out their website… http://www.midwestcalipers.com
hope it helps!

Dynasty Rebuilders 110 milner ave, unit 9 tel 416-299-1505, around $75 per caplier

these guys do good work

how did i miss all these posts??? anyway, i went to nissan and ordered a front and rear rebuild kit, i did them myself, glass beaded them, painted the calipers red and the brackets silver, they came out awesome and the best part is that it only cost $150 to do all 4!!!

Sounds good, but you know the saying… you gotta post pics when you do stuff like this.
"shit

pics are wasted on these guys, no one reads my tech stuff, i spent hours on my SR build-up thread and no one reads that shit…

ill read it when i do my sr swap, cool ??

omg, ITBs!! i was thinking about doing F1 barrel style ITB’s down the road. custom machining the entire intake manifold myself. and then running some stock syle airboxes(2 maybe?) rite off the ITBs with a cowl induction inlet to take advantage of that high pressure zone at the bottom of the windshild.

on a side note, looks like im going to be looking for a new B13 chassis. i was cleaning my interior today and being the anal perfectionist that i am, i started dissassembling the interior in order to get to every nook and cranny. so i took out the rear seats and was met by huge gaping rust holes… i could see right through to the tires. now i could fix this stuff, but there are soo many other body repairs that need doing that i am just fed up with this chassis. im getting a florida coupe or something. maybe an SE-R! :slight_smile: might keep my sedan for winter beater or something tho.

I’ll give you $20 for it, not a penny mooooar! :wink:

it has $40 of gas in it…

NOOB question: How do you know when you have to re-build the calipers?