quick questions about carpeting?

so i’ve just removed my carpet and dash to do some frame welding, unfortunatly i came across a hole behind the driver seat.

now that fluffy insulation, sound deadener whatever its called is soaked, and even tore off unevenly as i was removing the carpet.

just wondering what the significance of that stuff is?
for example if i were to remove all of the fluffy stuff?
all the sound deadener in the floors?
what would be best to replace this stuff?

doing it right is the route i would like to take, as i dont intend on having to replace or deal with that stuff again.

thanks son

re-do it with actualy sound deadener silver on one side sticky on the other it will make your ride quieter

I think its more there for padding then sound deadning…i could be wrong if its all wet and messed up ide take it out and if you really wanted to …replace it with some new material.

what Kollo is talking about is something like notmal hushmat or DynoMat, this stuff will work but is not very effictive with any sounds over 800hz. If you want the best replacement solution get something like just mentioned as well as a good quality closed cell foam pad, this will help eliminate FQ’s from 500hz to over 10khz

what kinda outside noise’s will i hear with dynomat etc. ?

also, isn’t dynomat heavy?

theres paint on stuff too

works the same way dynamat does but diff way of application… i think its cheaper too