Quik83z's Soon to be Quick 83Z

naw, abit bigger cam…maybe even a nitrous grind 236/248 or something like that with near .550 lift

New best WHP/TQ up at Sarver Dyno Challange on Sat…

462HP / 472TQ

Now all I gotta do is get it down to the pavement…lol

Sounds healthly

You get the tranny sorted out finally?

Seems to be OK…

Third rebuild must have done the trick…lol

Still running a 700R4?

3rd time is always a charm…so I hear.

Nope, turbo 350…

Better ratios than a 700R4…:x:

No OD though…:ugh:

Congrats on the new times Mike! :smiley:

FUCK MOSER!!

I have been trying to sort out a vibration problem at highway speeds for about two years now…driveshafts…driveshaft balance…driveshaft alignment…torque converters…torque converter clocking…flexplates…U-joints…wheel balance…all to no avail!

Well, I finally found the problem…it was the stupid fucking BRAKE DRUMS Moser sold me as part of the brake kit for the 12-bolt that I paid them almost three grand for. Who would ever think it would be the stupid brake drums??? I noticed that there were no balance weights on the drums (which I have never seen before)…remove them and vibration goes away…called those assholes this morning and they basically told me it can’t be that, and I’m stupid, and it’s been two years, and I can basically just fuck off. They won’t even SELL me new balanced drums!

They keep telling me to get drums for a 1970 Torino and they will work. 1) Wrong bolt pattern…ok that can be remedied… 2) 1970 Torinos didn’t use 11" drums (which is what these are). 3) I had Advance order me a set for a 1976 Torino and they weren’t even close…center hole needs to be 2 3/4" these were 3 1/4".

I really don’t know where to go from here…I guess the housing ends are Ford style and the bolt pattern is Chevy. What’s the chances of finding some kind of GM rear disc setup that might be able to be modified to fit these housing ends? Anybody have any suggestions?

And…Don’t buy ANYTHING from Moser…pass it on to all your buddies too.
That has to be the absolute worst customer service and the biggest asshole CSR I have ever dealt with.

But…the good thing is…I finally found the problem!!

wow that sucks,glad u found it out & moser is like that!

you have ford ends on there? was that to eliminate the c clips?

i was planning on using ford mustang GT brakes on my car. want to upgrade to disc at some point too. can you use chevy drums?

Yes, no c-clips on this rear…Ford large bearing ends…I found a set of chevy drums from a 1975 chevelle…they fit, but they are not wide enough. Brakes are 11 x 2 1/4 and these drums are 11 x 2. About 3/16" of brake shoe is left uncovered. AND ALL THE VIBRATION IS GONE WITH THESE. Fucking Moser trying to tell me that it was something else!!

What I would like to do is find a disc brake setup from a chevy that I can mod to fit these ends…maybe from a 4th gen?

well, finally got my shit running today…hasn’t been easy though.

As some of you know, motor swallowed a washer last Sep. Threw it back together quick-like and had a major oil leak.

Pulled it all out and rebuilt it again. King Alecular Pro series bearings, TSI gapless Max-Seal rings, ARP main and head studs. Mic’d and measured and checked everything to the Nth degree.

Finally got it together last weekend. Fired right up…sounded good…took it for it’s maiden voyage to Sheetz and back. It’s leaking coolant…WTF? Looks like coming out from between head & block…FUCK!!! It’s not…it’s weeping out of the fucking head studs. Evidently this is a common problem with studs. The best part is all that coolant goes right into your oil!!!

Pulled head studs out one at a time. Smothered them with sealer and cranked them in TIGHT this time. (Of course I had to pull the headers and drain the block to do this). All done FINALLY! Fire it up and there is white smoke POURING out of the exhaust. Not a little…FUCKING CLOUDS OF IT! It’s even blowing white smoke rings to jack me off. Obviously the head gaskets are fucking gone right?

I was debating whether to just push it over the hill, put it on Ebay, or tear the whole thing apart yet again.

Well…maybe just maybe…when I drained the block some coolant went into the exhaust system.

Slim chance, but what the fuck…I might as well drive it and see if it gets better or worse. After about 5 miles…all gone. That was it!!

Un-fucking-believeable!!! :doh:

SO its all good now?? I hope so! Thats some shit luck man but i hope its all figured out. What kind of head gaskets you using?

Been there before, buddy.

Hope all is well.

oh man that sucks…similar shit with me on the nova oil spewing from what looks like the rear main seal. btw tried to pm you found all the stuff for that radio if you still want it. just let me know

glad to hear ytou got it all together. i still have your new loop yet. it is done and sitting in shop.

sounds like a ford that i know of

FPP-1003 Recommended by AFR for those heads.

Why?