Quotes to Ship a Vehicle to Raliegh, NC

I thought a couple of Pittspeed members were in the automobile shipping business. I am looking to get quotes to ship a 94 Caprice Wagon from Irwin PA to Raliegh, NC. Wagon runs, so it can be driven onto the trailer.

Looking around quickly online reveals charges in the $400+ range.

Please send PM, and I will give cell number to discuss.

Thanks!

i am looking into getting into it but havent decided yet

pewter can help you ck or even try boost junkie. i would try but i do not want to waste my home time driving a car to NC then back home…if you are in a jam i can see if i can do it. but with the cost of diesel i prob wouldnt even make any money

$278 dollars in fuel (@16mpg) and about 17 hours there and back.
$400 would be a steal!

WTF tows a 4000lb car at 16mpg??? id imagine 12-13 loaded 16 unloaded on the way back with a trailer

so in other words. thats even more of steal then posted. but who ever is takin it down will either have 3-8 cars on the trailer depending on the company.

I am asking to get quotes…maybe should not have even posted internet pricing, but was not trying to get a lowball price.

Never done this before.

After calling and getting some detailed quotes, it looks like $495-$595 is closer to what companies are charging. These quotes come from Dependable Auto Shippers, American Auto Transporters, and National Auto Transport.

I would rather give the business to a Pittspeed vendor/member…

Yea, was waiting to see if they replied or not.

Pewter & I just returned from picking up 2 cars in MD…i’m sure he’ll have some input when he gets online in a bit

Sounds good…

a cummins

$400 is a good price, that will be tough to beat

Not asking someone to beat the $400 price. It seems like $500 is the low end of the range from better transporters, so if someone is willing to do it for $500, i’m willing to pay it.

if i can get a return trip,i cold do it for $550,how soon does this need done?

that’s a killer deal.

Within next couple weeks. No hurry.

ok looking into it!

IF Pewter can not help i will do it for the same price $550 willing to pick up as soon as Monday can have it in NC tuesday First thing . Thanks shawn

Shawn:

Thanks…i’m giving Pewter time to find round trip. Will contact you if he cannot help.

shawn can do if u need it done soooner!

PM sent to pewter and boostjunkie…

New owner got the car this morning.

Thanks, Shawn!

Wouldnt it be cheaper to just sell the car and buy another one down there :dunno: lol