looking for someone to transport car from DE to buffalo NY

whats going on guys really having no luck finding someone taking on this job granted I am getting prices from 295-600$ from brokers trying to get a sale … with that said im looking for someone that knows someone that would like to make a little extra cash, or has a transporting company that has a good reputation, its a restored 1983 vw rabbit I need from 19962 to 14224 shoot me a pm or post up on here thanks

When I had the chevette shipped from West of chicago to here it was 450 total if that gives ya a guidline. was about 600 miles I believe.

what company did u go through ?

400 miles, and getting those quotes… that’s about right.

Figure the minimum rate is $0.55 cents per mile as a federal rate for mileage; plus making a profit on that; $.75-$2.00 per mile is pretty typical depending on the type of transport being used (Flat-Bed, Open Car Hauler, Enclosed Car Hauler, Premium Hauler, etc).

even if you had your own truck and trailer you’d be > $200 in fuel round trip, so if you can pay somebody $300 that’s amazing, take it.

I’ll ask my buddy for you

My truck gets 10mpg towing, 14 not towing (open trailer). Assuming 475 miles each way at 3.65/gallon, I would pay $300 in gas alone. Add tolls also. I would take the guy that offered for $300 and run with it.

yeah i would pay the $300 and be done with it. how much cheaper do you think you’ll get it?

This is the deal with these fkn brokers they tell u the price than put it in a pool where the drivers go and accept it that’s the low end where I most likely would have to wait for these retards to pick up the car, which I’m told could take weeks i’m about to rent a truck and trailer and go get it myself I looked up gas totals and it was around 200$ round trip I’m thinking I can spend 300-350 and get it myself and save this hassle dealing with these retards

• Updated - - -

That would be great

How about fly or bus in, drive home, wash the hell out of it?

Or call an actual company that ships cars and ask them first hand. If it’ll cost 300 to rent a truck and go pick it up, it’s worth 600 to not waste 17 hours driving there and back to pick it up.

Whatever truck you’re going to be towing with, it’s probably not going to get more than 10mpg with something on the back
I was going to rent just a van from uhaul to go to Binghamton and it was going to cost me about $200 including gas… And you’re double the time and gas. You’re prob going to spend 400-500

Yeah I gotta way my options lol

$295 for 400+ miles is a really good price. I paid $400 with erinandbillstransport.com to get my car from here to Cleveland.

How much is the car worth?

http://viewfromthecouchdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/grammar_time.jpg

Lol I tried to search for the thread I started when I asked about having a car shipped and can’t find it. Was just in oct/Nov too.

i have a truck and enclosed car hauler, PM me may be interested

DRIVE THE CAR HOME! its is VW.

This. This thread makes my head hurt.