R32 vs. Z32

R32 vs. Z32

Im looking to rebuild the brakes i just got witch i believe are R32. i was just wondering if they both used the same seals, pins and all that other stuff and if i could get it from say Mills or Erickson Nissan?

For the fronts, I doubt it. The R32 uses a different caliper and the R32 brake swap is low-level upgrade for the Z32TT.

But it doesn’t hurt to ask them and see. The R32 components have been available through dealerships like Ericksen for many years via the Nissan Motorsports catalog. Not sure if they’ll be in Nissan Canada’s general parts system though.

ok now my next question is how would u tell the brakes apart. i mean they are used and in great working order and i bought them off of a guy who wasn’t quite sure where they came from. any ideas?

GTS-t brakes are the same as Z32 TT brakes. So yes you can use the same rebuild kit. GTR and GTS4 brakes are different and you will have to get the proper rebuild kit for them.

yes^^^^ but they do look a little different. I dont have pictures but the indents on the front are a little diffrent from R32-Z32

z32 cam in a 30mm size if i recall r32 is all 26mm…correct me if i am wrong

1990 north-american Z32s came in both 26mm and 30mm. The upchange happened sometime in the middle of that model year run.

And yes it was the GTR version of the R32 that I was thinking of earlier for that “brake upgrade” for the Z.

heres wha they look like.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b385/Fedyna/NewBrakes.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b385/Fedyna/NewBrakes2.jpg

any one tell me witch ones they are?[/img]

ok so i believe i have the 30mm iron calipars so all i need now is the rebuild kit.

Dealership should have everything you need. Or maybe even part source.

k koo thanks alot! :partyman:

the calipers in that pic above are from a R32 GTS-T

so then the rebuild kit would b differnet?!

I would think the pistons are the same size but not sure about it. You just need the piston seals pretty much right?

i need seals, pins, springs and clips. i know PDM sells rebuld kits but i want to get them from nissan cause i think they’d b cheaper.