R6 is under heavy construction

Me and the R6 haven’t been on the same page lately and I felt it was time to liven up this relationship of ours. :lol

On Order

• Bazzaz Z-FI
  • M4 Cat Delete
  • Rossi Replica Fairings
  • Smog Block Off Plates
  • BMC Air Filter
  • New Plugs
  • New Pilot Power 2CT Front Tire

I’ll be doing a radiator flush and oil change as well

I think my fork oil is really bad. The front forks are extremely squishy and my front tire has formed “bubbles” or “warts” which my buddy told me is generally a sign of bad shocks on a car. I assume my forks are to blame. :ponder However, I refuse to touch my forks, it’s a vital part on the bike and I am clueless on how to do them, and the cheapest place I’ve found (Who I’d trust) is Griffins who wants $250 to change fork oil & seals. :ahh

Which therefore means I may be running around the rest of the season with a red gas tank on the Rossi fairings as I’ll probably run out of money. :banghead

This is how she currently sits…
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s720x720/548754_450897004929224_331750406_n.jpg

squishyness could simply be from your fork’s compressing/rebound setting. Having said that, fresh oil is ALWAYS better than old.

$250 is that with the forks on or off the bike? Personally I would ditch the fairings and spend the money on suspension and/or a “set” of new tires.

Forks on the bike.

Reason I’m only getting a front tire is because I had bought a Pilot Power 2CT rear tire when I got the bike, which means that tire has <1000 miles on it.

Ask them how much if you bring the forks to them. iirc I have all the seals/piston/oil done with them off the bike for around $160 locally.

Was at Griffin’s today, they wanted $363 for reg pilot powers install and over $400 for the 2ct’s installed. :wow
I think they pull some of these prices out of their asses.

To be honest, it is within range for getting a set of tires for full retail from a dealership and have them installed at a rate of $90/hour with a minimum of 1 hour…

Have you try procycle? Their Michelin pricing are some what close to what you can get online and if you buy tires from them, mounting and balance is $15/wheel (with the wheels off)

Where are they located?

Go talk to Jim at ronnies. He got me the 2ct’s which they have in stock and installed for $330 he even put my new grips for included in that price

I also asked Ronnies how much they wanted for forks being done with the bike, and they quoted me $400-$450. :eek3

Rocket, I figure it’s my forks considering how my front tire has become deformed … and also the oil has never been changed and there is 10,000 miles on the bike. I hear some people change it every couple track days, so I’m assuming 10k miles is overdue?

Give Sportline in Queensbury a call, they seem like a good dealer, but I don’t know how much they would want for it. I tend to stay away from Griffin’s and Phibbs, they always seem to have better things to do than to take my money whenever I’m there.

• 1 on ditching the farings, and slap some motocross bars on it while you’re at it.
    JRubino’s brother does tire swaps, 50/hr with wheels on the bike I think, pm me if you want his number.

They are located in CP. The install price I got is from their site: Google Workspace Updates: New community features for Google Chat and an update on Currents All you need is essentially call them up for a quote.

FYI, I don’t know any of the people at procycle and I am not affiliated with them what so ever, I am merely sharing what they advertise on their site.

Many factors contribute to abnormal tire wear and bad oil is certainly one of them; that is unless you already know your tire pressure and suspension are (some what) properly adjusted. My take is tire pressure and suspension setting will have a more profound effect on tire wear than fork oil alone, but that doesn’t mean you should not change your fork oil.

Rocket, after I get my bike back together and the fluid/seals changed, you mind helping me set up my suspension? I’ll throw you some cash if you wish.

I figure since I’m investing all this money in the bike at the moment, might as well go ahead with getting the forks done just so it’s one more thing that is freshened up.

Matts honda in coxsackie: under $300 for mich power pure 2ct rear (sticky as fuuuuuuck) and inspection. That was less than a month ago.

^that price included mounting and balancing with my lazy ass just dropping the whole bike off. Those guys did an emergency front for me a few months back with like 20min left before closing. That whole shop is solid.

i have a buddy who just sold his r6, he’s changes his fork seals a couple of times (wheelies a lot). I’m sure he’d do it for $100 for you, pm me if you want his number

I am more than happy to share my findings with you and assist you in setting up your bike.

No money needs to be involved in this and I don’t deserve to get paid simply for sharing info with other riders. :slight_smile:

squishy forks? since its the middle of the summer i would just wait for now, add more damping and more preload instead. then when you get some money in the winter you should change the fluid and install new springs for your weight.

also for maintenance, change your brake fluid if you haven’t done so in awhile

that price aint bad. i paid $200 for Q2’s at CycleGear, then paid $130 to have them installed by a shop.

Did you pickup that Fiat bodywork I sent you a link too?

Nope … too expensive. :lol I’ve heard a lot of good things on the R6 forum about Auctmarts aftermarket fairings, so I went with them. Keeping the fingers crossed

Good point you have to be a hardcore rossi fan to justify the OEM fairrings:lol
They normally go for 2k:eek3