Rabies threat in Amherst

http://www.wivb.com/Global/Link.asp?L=341840

Watch out for the crazy fox around Amherst Park.

Fuck. I love foxes.

Oddly enough, my roommate chased one a few weeks ago through the mighty taco parking lot. Why you ask?

:gotme:

EDIT - would it be illegal to have a Fox as a pet? I saw a guy on the Discovery Channel with one that basically acted like a dog. Things are so damn cute.

good to know. thanks for sharing.

:gay:

I dare you to look a fox in the eyes, and not want to hug it. (a non-rabid fox that is)

would be funnier if it said a cougar was loose, they are all over amherst

We got a coyote out here in willyville/clarence. Sucks i gotta take the dog out with a flashlight now, instead of just letting her go out by herself.

cougars and coyotes? WTF Amherst are you living in?

Rabies shots hurt like a bitch. Specially when the hot female doctor at ECMC inserts the needle in the wound area than prosceeds to inflate the wound area with rabies vaccine, and thats just the first shot.

I’ve seen a lot of weird shit this year that I haven’t seen before, including a coyote running along the atv trails along the 90 by the Blasdell exit on a really hot afternoon. That can’t be normal.

Said Fox is dead, they put it to seep tonight.

Look on youtube,people have them as pets.Certain breeds are very tame.

The Fennec fox is the only one that is somewhat legal to own as a pet.

Dammit beat me to it!

Boooooo. Poor little foxtrot. :frowning:

You can also have a bobcat and linx for a pet as well.

In the early spring this year while I was making my wa to the sewage treatment plant across the street from DL to do my daily readings, I saw a fox sitting in the road(more like 1 lane stone driveway through the woods). I was like wtf…thats really odd. So I go up closer really slowly in my work truck…sure enough, 7 baby fox’s romping around on a burm next to the road. They couldnt have been more than a few weeks old. Thats something you almost never see unless its on tv.