Saw a fox today, guessing it was rabid

I had to run out for a thing at my daughters school today and when I got back to work around 10:30am I watched a fox walk through our parking lot. He was walking a little side stepped with a funny gait and his fur was pretty mangy looking.

I managed to snap one quick picture with my phone while keeping a little distance between us.

Cropped down:

This was off John Muir drive near N.Forest and Millersport, so if you’re on the UB bike path keep your eyes open. About 5 minutes after I saw it an Amherst PD car was cruising around our parking lot and the lot next door so I’m guessing that had to do with the fox.

Looks like a bald eagle to me

Coyotes often get confused with mangy looking foxes. They’re pretty common on Grand Island, but stumbling around an office park in Amherst makes me think you’re probably right about the rabid thing. Did you call animal control?

I think I saw that same fox in my parents front yard over on Cottonwood by West Klien last week! At first I thought it was a cat but then I got closer…

I had a picture on my phone, too… until I deleted it because it was a horrible shot.

Definitely a red fox.

I was thinking about calling them but when APD was driving around out lots 5 minutes later looking around the ponds I figured they already knew.

Probably.

this thread is EXTREMELY uninteresting

That fox has NO RIGHTS. Think about it.

Fantastic Mr. Fox

What time is it Mr. Fox?

I want a pet fox.

I liked Megan better before she lost all the weight, funny how rabbies does that to you, once you compile it with bad acting.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

WTB:MONKEY FOR MY DAUGHTER

looks like a leprechaun in that fox suit i heard about.
if you put a dollar on the ground and step back it does tricks.

LMAO. WTB: Rabid fox for my daughter’s birthday since I could not get monkey and this is just as dangerous.

I think a fox is shitting in my yard. Or a coyote. I keep hitting piles with the lawnmower and I don’t have a dog, nor do I see any dogs around. Fuckers.

LOL

Well played, sir.

tail doesnt look like a fox.

why does this matter? would the cops rly come out for this? is the fox rly gonna kill everyone and then rape their wives?

can you prove it won’t?

Actually, if it was rabid, yes. Last year a rabid fox attacked several people around the Amherst dog park.