Radiator Question

so my mom mixed dexcool and regular coolant in my car and its formed a sludge which i think is slowing flow through the radiator and causing my car to run a little bit hot… i’ve already done a head gasket, thermostat, coolant temp sensor, and water pump… i really dont want to put much more into it… is there a way to flush out all the sludge… it seems to stick to the sides of the coolant reservoir so i dont think that it will just come out of the radiator unless something is going to assist in breaking it down?

theres radiators on ebay for under 100 bucks shipped… i just dont want to do the work to swap em…

thanks
–william

anybodyyyyyyyyyyy

thats shit needs to be flushed out of the engine if that sludge builds up it will block coolant passages then u will overheat

sitck a hose in there and run your car for like 20 minutes, lol. with the drain open of course

Buy 2 bottles of the Prestone Flush stuff…(looks like a smaller antifreeze jug)
Follow instructions.
While you’re at it, mine as well put the yellow stuff in. (made for all makes models and doesnt break down like Dex-Crud, and will mix ok with remnince of either kind.

HTH

think that will help or should i just replace the rad?

just flush it and refill it, then take it from there, see if ur temp is going above average at all. i wouldnt just jump up and buy a new rad.

I’ve got a bottle of radiator flush. We can flush it this weekend or something. I didn’t use it because no amount of radiator flush would fix the hole I had in my old radiator unfortunately. You make the frozen pizza, I’ll bring the radiator fluid.