Rad problem HELP!!

hey i got a problem… yesterday i was driving then all of a sudden wite smoke was everywhere under my hood… so i stopped and popped my hood… and found that theres a hole on my rad. and coolant was spraying everywhere…

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/72/81/25001827/23602065017416l.jpg

so i was woundering if i need to replace the whole rad?.. or is there sumthing i can repair it with… or i jus need to get the hose… or is it not even a hose… or wt… i need help… thank u…

If theres a hole in your rad, you need a new one

Link doesn’t work. Need to be a member.

Can you see a hole in the rad?

oo sry… pics should work now… its not really hte rad i dont hink… thats wt i need help on… is it part of the rad? … or sumthing i can get anotehr one of… thats not the rad…if u knw wt i mean…

that would be the upper tank on ur rad where the hot radiator fluid comes in and s13’s are aluminum rads there for u need to get another rad that ones no good theres a hole

OOO *#@^%#(^#@ ic… so if i get a new rad… that part will be aluminum… and not rubber rite?.. like aftermarket one… cuz the stock one is rubber rite?

no plastic…all aluminum rads have plastic tanks

this may work, depending on the size of the hole.

put 1-2 eggs worth of egg whites, it should clog the hole up (among other things)

temp. fix if you’re in a bind.

if you want a cheap fix, use jb weld, it’s great for this kind of shit.

:lol: you can’t be serious?! you know how much pressure hot coolant is under?.. more than enough too blow your egg whites apart!
and what the hell does “among other things” refer to? :roll:

JB Weld it until you get another rad. i have one ready for pick up if u need… $40.

the egg trick will in fact work…

not for long tho.

GT

wt??.. how can the egg thing work. i’ve seen how fast the coolant sprays out… r u sure egg whites can stand the pressure?

just watch myth busters.

it worked

GT

you could try to locate someone with a “plastic welder” yes there is such a thing… (I also happen to have one)

main thing with using one “or having it work proper” is you need a new piece/strip of plastic which is exactly the same “plastics do vary”

probably better off just finding another KA rad “it wont be hard”

agreed ^^^…just grab a new one dont be cheap…

and that egg trink will work,along with jb weld but i dont suggest ether cuz thats just disrespecting a beautiful 240 :cry: