how/where to get a rad fixed

i have a rad im using for my sr motorset. its cracked and is leaking anyone know where or what i can use to fix the crack in it. griffin rad if it makes a difference

and egg. then get a new one.

no one fixes radiators anymore, and I hear griffin told someone to f-off when they had a similar situation

get a ka rad and a neon rad hoes from napa it fits so well

If it’s a small leak, you can buy the “stop leak” powders they sell at Canadian Tire as a temp fix.

Ur def going to need a new rad though.

check ebay, they have some pretty cheap stuff on there. thats where i get all my parts. i know they have rads.

Never use that “stop leak or self seal” shit…

And “read his post”

He has a griffin rad… and last time I checked, their made from Aluminum meaning he can simply have the crack welded shut and there for, does not need to buy a new rad.

BUT… if you wanna drive all the way to KW then I can weld it up for you. But anyon with a Tig should be able to help you out.

There is a rad shop on Meyerside just off of Dixie in mississauga.

I’m not sure what its called. Maybe “The Rad Shop” or something like that :slight_smile:

Just search yellowpages.ca for “radiator” or some BS. Theres lots of places that repair them.

they wont weld ur rad. They will weld condensors.

They use an aluminum mix to fix ur rad. First they make the hole bigger. To show the entire hole. They do this by moving the fins out of the way and exposing it. Then they add in an aluminum filler that has allready been mixed in a hardener. U fill the hole on the inside, let it dry then do it on the outside. Thats how i did it when i worked at a rad shop.

You can buy the stuff from part stores and do it urself but its not 100% to work u need to know what ur doing.

Ur probably better getting a ka rad like someone said for $20 with some new hoses

so is a ka rad better then buying an aftermarket one? or just a better solution to spending the 100+ on a new one?

i have a rad im using for my sr motorset. its cracked and is leaking anyone know where or what i can use to fix the crack in it. griffin rad if it makes a difference

and egg. then get a new one.

no one fixes radiators anymore, and I hear griffin told someone to f-off when they had a similar situation

get a ka rad and a neon rad hoes from napa it fits so well

If it’s a small leak, you can buy the “stop leak” powders they sell at Canadian Tire as a temp fix.

Ur def going to need a new rad though.

check ebay, they have some pretty cheap stuff on there. thats where i get all my parts. i know they have rads.

Never use that “stop leak or self seal” shit…

And “read his post”

He has a griffin rad… and last time I checked, their made from Aluminum meaning he can simply have the crack welded shut and there for, does not need to buy a new rad.

BUT… if you wanna drive all the way to KW then I can weld it up for you. But anyon with a Tig should be able to help you out.

There is a rad shop on Meyerside just off of Dixie in mississauga.

I’m not sure what its called. Maybe “The Rad Shop” or something like that :slight_smile:

Just search yellowpages.ca for “radiator” or some BS. Theres lots of places that repair them.

they wont weld ur rad. They will weld condensors.

They use an aluminum mix to fix ur rad. First they make the hole bigger. To show the entire hole. They do this by moving the fins out of the way and exposing it. Then they add in an aluminum filler that has allready been mixed in a hardener. U fill the hole on the inside, let it dry then do it on the outside. Thats how i did it when i worked at a rad shop.

You can buy the stuff from part stores and do it urself but its not 100% to work u need to know what ur doing.

Ur probably better getting a ka rad like someone said for $20 with some new hoses

so is a ka rad better then buying an aftermarket one? or just a better solution to spending the 100+ on a new one?