RALLYCROSS 5/31/08!!!

Yes!! Come get sideways in the dirt. This will be a super fun event and well worth the time and $$!!! We are holding the event at Black Rock Speedway in Dundee NY! It’s a bit of a hike, but will be a blast! We don’t expect attendance to be very large, so we should get lots of seat time.

We are using parts of the 0.5 mile dirt oval and the entire infield. The owner of the track is going to grade the course for us, so it should be a very smooth course! This means any street car should be fine. No convertibles or high-center-of-gravity vehicles (read 4x4 trucks) can run, tho. The set-up will be just like an autocross, but on dirt.

Black Rock is a neat little place. You can head out there for races every Friday night. You can even “rent” a race car and go wheel to wheel for a couple hundred bux. They also have some cool events like a monster truck rally, faster pastor races, and a school bus race!

Anyway, here’s DIRECTIONS

Here’s the Glen Region Info

Hope to see ya there.
Ken

Hey Ken,

Just out of curiosity, can a convertible with a rollbar compete? If so, what requirements must the rollbar meet? I’m not terribly familiar with the rallycross rules since we kind of have our own rules in FLR and there’s never been a convertible that’s shown up and tried to run.

I have other cars that I can run and I’m hoping to have at least one of them fixed in time, but I’d like to know about convertibles for the future in case I get it in my head to do something really stupid.

_jake

Jake, i will look into it more. But in the mean time can you get me a pic of the car with the roll bar? This is a roll bar not a cage correct?

We are following the SCCA’s rules. So you can start there, that i where i will be reading to answer your question.
Answer: If you have a vert and want to race you need to have a factory hard top. They did not make it any clearer for me, if the reason is to keep debris out of the cabin or for roll over? But that is neither here nor there. Good luck hope to see you there.

I will likely be the TECH inspector, and i will be training for RSS so there is more than 1 in the state:shrug:?

i would have loved to attend this. but somehow i got suckered into the tour de cure. bike ride.

Bummer… I hear that the course is looking REALLY good!

Crap. I’m out. Cars are broken.

Except for the Miata… hmmmm…

Is there a link to any results or pics? :slight_smile:

What ^he said.

Yup there sure are both.

Results
http://www.glen-scca.com/Rallycross/2008/Results20080531.pdf

Vid

Pics
http://www.glen-scca.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=101

awesome… now im even more pissed i missed that event.

Yea it was a really great time. We are hoping to run at least a few events next year… Maybe even a few different sites.

Stay tuned to www.glen-scca.com for more information.