RallyX

Potentially interested in getting into this (not with my car) have a couple of friends interested and am uncertain of where to start.

First of all how often are events, where are they, are there any courses you can just reserve days to run on?

Secondly we are either thinking of building our own car, or would consider splitting costs of building one with other people.

Sorry if this seems like a stupid thread but I didn’t see any reference to RallyX except one post from last year about one event, just looking to see how many if any people do it here

scca.com i think would have some good info…

http://www.flr-scca.com/rally/2007/rallycross/index.html
http://www.flr-scca.com/rally/2007/rallycross/schedule_results.html

Anyone wanna let me codrive for this saturday’s event?

I’ve never done it myself, but this would probably be a good place to start as it is the most local:
http://www.flr-scca.com/rally/2007/rallycross/index.html

It’s a really great time :tup: MXS does it all the time, she can give you some info.

That link has almost all the info. You can pretty much run any car that’s safe. You don’t need any extra safety equipment or mods or anything. It’s basically AutoX in someone’s backyard, but it’s a lot more fun than that sounds. :slight_smile:

yes, there is an event this saturday!!!

I’ve done 7 or 8 of them. Currently the only local venue is in Leicester (near Geneseo). It’s not exactly the same every time. There are 9 events in the series this year. This is the best time of year to go if you want to drive a fast course. It will be really dry this weekend, I might run on all-seasons.

yes, it’s more expensive than an autocross, but the course is longer, and you will get more runs in.

and it is a lot of fun. :slight_smile: I haven’t been taking it too seriously, but maybe I will now that there’s not 6" deep mud out there.

promise not to break anything too expensive?

Its a good time if the guys can get things going, they have a habit of making the drivers meetings longer then they need to be by like 30 minutes.

FLR?

oh what a faggot chino is, this was my idea also.

Yeah, they get all the important stuff out of the way then after 20 minutes of stories of rally-x past eventually racing starts. halfway through they take a break and woulden’t ya know it ? another drivers meeting!! And then when the event it over. You guessed it…

I make no such promise…however, it it’s place, I will promise to fix, or pay to fix any damage (that isn’t pre-existing). Deal?

:bloated:

whatever your out of the group now :roll2:

Anyways, thanks for the info, I would definitely like to get something together for this.

Is there any point at which the course is in good enough condition that you would drive a “non-beater” type car at it ?

I drove my WRX in it all the time… See buffaloscooby, there are a bunch of guys that run it there.

alright Jim, it’s on. :smiley:

the delay is usually the standing around, not the drivers’ meeting itself . . . it’s like nobody knows what time they are actually supposed to be there :meh:

it’s up to you really. There’s a guy who shows up fairly regularly in an Evo, and there have been a handful of WRXs and STis there. I don’t know how smooth the course will be this weekend. If you’re worried about kicking up rocks you can get mudflaps or just use a ton of painter’s tape.

based on the lack of rain lately, it will probably look something like this: :smiley:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/115/265444735_7e31bceeab.jpg

there are spots that will fuck you shit up. the field can get pretty rutted and if you get off your line you can get some air. I would not know anything about taking an impreza l airborn and puncturing the oil pan… Nope i wouldn’t know anything about that…

Rent-A-Car Challenge!!! Just remember to take ALL of the insurance.

yeah I bottomed the Legacy out on the far side of the course back when I still had the H&R springs on it… part of my exhaust is not quite round anymore

it’s back at stock ride height now though, AND I replaced the blown front shocks :slight_smile:

Yea… thats enough to make me not want to run my STi on the course. Not so much because things like that can’t be fixed, just that I am not trailering it there so getting home would be slightly difficult.

Ok, thanks for the info, any chance there is anyone(s) that has a car they run there that wants a few extra drivers that can put some money into the car ? Otherwise it looks like it will be next season for us to put money together and get a car ready for it

I have got a 2007 A4 on loan from Schmitt’s maybe I’ll race this weekend.