RallyX

[quote=“AWDrifter,post:20,topic:30763"”]

I have got a 2007 A4 on loan from Schmitt’s maybe I’ll race this weekend.

[/quote]

That would be fucking AWESOME!

[quote=“AWDrifter,post:20,topic:30763"”]

I have got a 2007 A4 on loan from Schmitt’s maybe I’ll race this weekend.

[/quote]

lol.

loaner car ftw

if my loaner car wasnt such a pos i might try to do something cool with it

I just called Schmitt’s and asked them to do more work so I can keep the car until next week.:lol:

The irony is that they are detailing my car too.:biglaugh:

well say good by to the standing around & lengthy drivers meetings.

Mike Reda and I are hosting this saturdays events. and plan on getting as much seat time for everyone that is possible.

NO huge Lunch break, We plan on having food delivered or cooked on site.

the larger than autox entry fee pays for the food & beverages at the awards in the garage. & the money goes to the track to repair the course after events. ITS all a volunteer organization.

Yes getting sideways at say 45 mph in your car on dirt can kick up stones so if your really worried about your DD. GET wide Mudflaps & bring some 2" painters tape and tape off your doors.

If you have a Winter beater BRING it out. you wont regret it.

all seasons should be fine with this weeks forcast. ITs going to be dusty.

the course for this weekend is a lot different than this winters / springs course. Technical / dorifto is were we went with it this week. and its not much rougher than some of the roads around here in erie county.

I have a dedicated 97 impreza awd 1.8L of fury but my co-driver seats are filled. awd shouldnt be neccissary with as dry as its going to be.

the flr-scca.com website / rallycross page has all the info you need.

[quote=“chino,post:19,topic:30763"”]

Yea… thats enough to make me not want to run my STi on the course. Not so much because things like that can’t be fixed, just that I am not trailering it there so getting home would be slightly difficult.

Ok, thanks for the info, any chance there is anyone(s) that has a car they run there that wants a few extra drivers that can put some money into the car ? Otherwise it looks like it will be next season for us to put money together and get a car ready for it

[/quote]

Just get a good front skidplate and rear diff guard (mudflaps are a good idea too) and you will be fine. I ran my WRX for two years (lowered, BTW) with these items and i never broke anything. I beat the living PISS out of it too.

I can pretty much guarantee that if you have good skidplates, you will be VERY unlikely break anything unless you do something stupid. STI’s are built like ROCKS.

the one spring event got a bit silly while it was raining.

BUT IT was LOADS OF FUN.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/160/411484867_1c6bc65852_o.jpg

and heres an actually quick Youtube i found of a caged Stage rally car from last year out at the track. race cars with no carpet or sound deading make it sound a lot worse than it is.

our new course layout will use MOST OF the GRASS to keep the dust down this week.

no videos from me, but here are my photos: Collection: RallyCross

Nick, are we going with this schedule for the weekend? first car off at 11?

9:00 - 10:00 AM Registration and Inspection; Course Walk
10:45 AM Drivers Meeting
11:00 AM First Car Off
4:00 PM Start of Last Run
5:00 PM (approx) End of Competition
5:15 - ? PM Gathering in Garage and Posting of Scores

I don’t need to be convinced to go, by any means, I am dieing to get out there. I dunno I am still weary of breaking my DD that far from home. I’d much rather build an earlier GC8 (by build i mean, buy and put dirt tires on, and then when i break stuff replace it with aftermarket). I just want to be able to go full bore and not care what happens, not in a reckless way but I don’t want to be babying my car for fear of a rock chip :wink:

My best advice is don’t consider using your daily. There are 2 stis and an evo that i have seen in rough shape after running there. One stupid mistake and you can ruin your day, its not even worth the risk. Having a beater that you can get there and back with is far more fun anyway.

[quote=“RobHimself,post:31,topic:30763"”]

My best advice is don’t consider using your daily. There are 2 stis and an evo that i have seen in rough shape after running there. One stupid mistake and you can ruin your day, its not even worth the risk. Having a beater that you can get there and back with is far more fun anyway.

[/quote]

my thoughts exactly… we’ll get a car together, i’ve always wanted to rally and i figure it’d be a lot safer to start here instead of having trees that I can hit :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah those trees can be a bitch on the clear coat.

[quote=“MXS,post:29,topic:30763"”]

no videos from me, but here are my photos: Collection: RallyCross

Nick, are we going with this schedule for the weekend? first car off at 11?

[/quote]

i would like to step things up a bit. I dont have access to change the website.

But i would hope that the first car would be off before 10:30.

Its going to be a hot one out there. 9-10 is plenty of time for tech/registration.

and late arrivals will be punished with the distant worker posistions. (jk.)

ROB quit being a pussy and drive your car. considering its still probably on SNOW tires anyway.

I want to beat a STI with my 1.8.

wholly crap…

Rob has himself a GC rallyX car.

if he only would work on it he would be able to drive it.

http://www.tunedweb.com/~wnyscca/albums/rallx20051112/PICT8285.jpg

[quote=“RedrRocket,post:34,topic:30763"”]

and late arrivals will be punished with the distant worker posistions.

[/quote]

brilliant!!

[quote=“RedrRocket,post:34,topic:30763"”]

i would like to step things up a bit. I dont have access to change the website.

But i would hope that the first car would be off before 10:30.

Its going to be a hot one out there. 9-10 is plenty of time for tech/registration.

and late arrivals will be punished with the distant worker posistions. (jk.)

ROB quit being a pussy and drive your car. considering its still probably on SNOW tires anyway.

I want to beat a STI with my 1.8.

[/quote]

how about you drive your wrx? :wink: and yes i am on snows but im gonna kill them before i buy a new set of summer tires.

[quote=“RobHimself,post:37,topic:30763"”]

how about you drive your wrx? :wink: and yes i am on snows but im gonna kill them before i buy a new set of summer tires.

[/quote]

because My GC is Fastar through the conez. NA>TurboSLUG. & my WRX rear springs are a bit low. tires r Tucked.

and you wond want to kill it again? :slight_smile:

[quote=“dozr,post:26,topic:30763"”]

Just get a good front skidplate and rear diff guard (mudflaps are a good idea too) and you will be fine. I ran my WRX for two years (lowered, BTW) with these items and i never broke anything. I beat the living PISS out of it too.

I can pretty much guarantee that if you have good skidplates, you will be VERY unlikely break anything unless you do something stupid. STI’s are built like ROCKS.

[/quote]

I had the same and never hurt anything. Mine was also lowered.