"Rampage" not ready for a title shot vs Rashad?

I’d be disappointed if Jackson turned down the title shot. Granted it sucks for him that Mir hurt himself and the bout has been moved up almost a full month, but when you’re given the opportunity to fight to get your title back shouldn’t you jump all over it? Especially after all the jawing with Evans after he beat Jardine? The fact that “Rampage” even told Dana he had to ‘think’ about it makes me feel he’s not going to be in the main event in May vs Evans. I dread to see Evans fight Machida. His style is akward and NOBODY has ever looked good against him. Please fight “Rampage”…and SOMEBODY please whoop Machida’s ass!

As anticipated as Evans vs. Jackson is, I wouldn’t mind watching Rashad fight Lyoto at all.

Id love to see Rampage vs. Evans, that would be awesome. BTW does anyone know when Lesnar is fighting again?

I don’t think Rampage is ready for Rashad. I think Rashad will dominate this fight if Ramage actually follows through with it.

rampage’s boxing would be too much for rashad.

exhibit 1:
http://i39.tinypic.com/244cpyv.gif

I feel like fighters these days are spoiled. A fighter should be able to fight 4 times a year if asked to do so. Most of these guys only put in 2 - 3 fights a year. If they score a few quick victories then they may only be in the octagon for under 10 minutes a year… c’mon now! Step it up

No more UFC please!

Fight was moved to June because Mir was injured in training as mentioned in OP.

I think we underestimate the amount of strain put on their bodies in training. Like Rampage said, he overtrained, and because of that felt he couldn’t perform at as high of a level because his body just wouldn’t co-operate. PS - weren’t you the one dogging Evans for saying he wanted to be 100% before he faught? Now your man Rampage is saying the same thing? :slight_smile:

Go away.

yeah, and thats why I called these modern day fighting superstars spoiled. I didn’t say rampage wasn’t.

What I specifically had an issue with is that they both fought on the exact same card back on 12/27, but “Sugar” said that he would not be ready to right Rampage on 3/7. If Rampage can do it, why can’t he? That was a bitch move.

Rampage is lucky Rashad wasn’t in the ring Saturday. Rashad would have HANDLED him. Rampage’s performance was definitely lack luster. They’re spoiled no doubt. Boxers used to be required to fight a min. of 4x/yr back in the day and that’s when fights were 15 rounds. Then guys started dropping dead and they eased off a bit. LOL

well hopefully rampages claim of overtaining for the fight is true cause his performance against jardine was not impressive.

After seeing Rampage fight Jardine I legitimately feel he’s going to have a lot more trouble w/ Rashad than I had thought before watching that fight. Rampage has been lack luster in 2 of his last 3 fights. Only fight he looked good in was the KO of Wanderlai. Wanderlai KO’d Jardine. Rampage didn’t. I don’t know what it all means, but just saying.

well at rashad’s pace he’ll only fight twice a year. He will most likely be the fresher fighter in every one of this fights. Guess being a bitch pays off. hahaha

Can’t you guys continue this via PM so it stops showing up in my new posts list? Sheesh. :tongue

No.

And just cause Rashad only faught twice in 08 doesn’t mean anything :slight_smile:
He faught 3x in 07 and 3x in 06.
Prior to 06 he was on TUF and doing the local mom and pop shows.

Ramapage hasn’t faught more than 3x in a year since 03 when Pride was working him hard.

Just for reference.

rampage hasn’t avoided any fights, as far as I know. Thats the big difference here. I blame UFC for not having a enough events throughout the year (they need more free events!!) to give their fighters plenty of opportunities to fight. Typical UFC fighter will only fight 3 times a year, so there should be no reason anyone should be avoiding a fight. It’s not like those mom and pop shows where you fight every month

rampage will get his ass kicked and he knows it. he doesnt want that loss on his record just yet i dont think. better fight would be rashad vs masheda (SP). that would be bad ass and thats what i think should happen

rampage injured his hand???

http://www.cagepotato.com/quinton-jacksons-hand-injured-evans-vs-machida-may-be-done-deal

I dont know what to believe anymore…

so i take it ur a fan