Any MMA fans here? PrideFC/UFC/K-1

next fight coming up this saturday,

liddel vs rampage…i watched the last time they fought in 2003 where rampage won but liddel is so different now.

My moneys on liddel even though i’ve gota shitload of pridefc gear. Love MMA - not the organizations :slight_smile:

Hoping for a crocop return, hes always loses on his way to title fights and when he gets there he can’t win it - but he’ll always be my favourite. If you ever see an asian guy wearing red shirts with fedor style shirts in the scarborough/markham area…thats probably me haha.

^Liddell is a totally different fighter now, he works angles like crazy.

Rampage is a beast, and I give him props for the beat down he laid on chuck a few years back… but we will see come saturday.

My money is on Chuck, but I dont think he will be able to knock out Rampage. I am expecting a 5 round brawl that goes to decision.

Crocop got knocked the f*k ouT!, he has a glass chin and should not have taken that first fight much so lightly…But man, his leg kicks are sick… heheh

Church

yes! I too love mma. I actually train in muay thai and some mma/ jui jitsu.

To be honest i want Rampage to win, But i think Liddell’s gunna take it. either

way its going to be one hell of a fight!

I think they are goona lay on the ground on top of eachother like a bunch a homo’s

martial arts IS the art of hand to hand and ancient “WAR” combat.
I have never heard of a war wih 50,000 men laying on top of eachother.

get off the ground before i sit on you till were both too tired to go on…

gimme a break…its not fighting…

I highly doubt they will go ground at all - both of these fighters are both stand up fighters. I admit most ground fights are boring but some are good.

Too bad the good MMA days are overs - pride rules have always been my favourite…stomps and low kicks to the head were usually easy to avoid by just rotating your body because you see the guy coming for the kick as opposed to pinning an opponent down and elbowing him point blank in ufc.

anyways will be a good fight…i’ll prob. be watching it at shoeless joes/honest lawyers up in markham…look for the red eagle Fedor Emelianenko shirt lol.

Have you watched either of these two fight? we are talking stand up war!..

Who said martial arts was hand to hand? there are many different forms of martial arts, most included weapons such as swords, staffs and other close quarter weapons. Some even included projectiles in there arsenal.

And from my personal experience, 95% of fights end up on the ground… But i do agree that watching such a fight is boring to the avg spectator.

:slight_smile:

^liddel trained in wrestling and grappling first… Then went onto Kickboxing…

Anyhow, his sprawl is amazing… Only Randy was able to take him down at will, but then chucked started training his angles…

Should be an amazing fight… unlike GSP and Mighty Mouse…:mad:

I cant wait!!!:smiley:

Martial arts are based on hand to hand combat…period.
staffs and swords are not close combat weapons.
sai, ashiko ashuko, nun-hucks, daggers, etc are close combat.

mixed martial arts should look like a combination of judo, karate, kung foo, tae quon do, jiu jitsu etc.

all of which start standing, and warn against going to ground.
most facilitate ground fighting as someone will eventually fall down.

grappling as it is used in ultimate fighter is a joke…
if that were a battle field the nearest guy with a sword would have killed whichever one was the enemy.
a la why going to ground is a bad idea.

besides who has 20 minutes to hump someother guy into unconciousness in the middle of a battlefield?

stand up and beat, best & win against the opponent…don’t sit on someone till they say uncle…

besides what happened here?
I havent seen a broken collar bone or jaw or any kind of impact injury in a LOOOONG time.

if your not goona hit eachother…go back to arm-wrestling.

I’m sure these guys are good even great…
but untill they get rid of this “FALSE MARTIAL ART” that they call grappling i’ve lost interest.

if you can twist the arm behind his back… you can force it to go full circle.
thats a dislocated arm!!! thats a win!! don’t waste my time trying to make him tap…your fighting…rip the friggin thing off!

most fights go to ground because people dont have enough skill, honour, endurace, or BALLS to look someone in the eye and want to pop that puppy out of its socket.

why hop oon top when someone falls down??
why not just kick him or let him up?
because the rules are p**syfied.

it’s lazy fighting…pure and simple…

Have you ever seriously tried doing jui jitsu or other from of grappling arts?

I doubt you ever have becasue in reality its not easy at all…it takes the same

amount of talent as stand-up fighting, and is actually quite structured and

VERY tiring. Although i will agree its usually not fun to watch becasue most

UFC fighters arnt very well diversed, It dosent change the fact that it is still a

martial art. Theres thousands of forms of martial arts and not all of them are

stand up. A broken elbow or dislocated knee hurts way more than getting

knocked out…

^Jibberish,
You speak like a person who has never trained before in his life, most likely knows absolutely squat about martial arts.

^ +10000000