Ran over wet paint

Well i was up in canada, getting red flagged AGAIN

on my way home i was getting onto teh onramp and they just put new white lines up and i didnt realize it

well i need to know how to get this paint off my car

anybody have an idea?

Maybe rubbing alcohol, shitty luck though, hope you get it off.

final klean or laquer thinner… rub lightly. should come off

or some compound

Hm. I remember doing a certain somebody’s GTP with yellow paint on it. It had to be buffed off since it sat on the paint for too long. Not all of it came off, but it was a major improvement. My first choice would be regular clay, then I would try overspray clay (essentially a more agressive clay).

Despite common belief, clay actually sheers off the contamination, so care should be used with the more…potent (overspray) clays.

Let me know if you need help, I have an assortment of things we could try on it, and I really don’t mind since I hardly get a chance to use stuff anymore. Unfortunately I do not have overspray clay, as whenever I have had to use it I have just thrown it out since it was pretty dirty after.

rubbing alky wont do shit

if the car was very well waxed , or decently dirty, you can pick off some of the stuff with your thump nail or a cc, just hold the hose over your work area so that anything that comes free doesnt get drug thru the paint

in the past ive had to take razor blades to lightly shave off the spots, then buff everything to get a nice shine back, but that only for cars where the rocker panels are decently sand blasted already

after u get it all off, get some of the see thru peel-n-stick chip gaurd for hoods and apply it to your rockers … that way they are protected from rocks, and if they get the “highway paint job” again it just takes a heatgun and some reducer to clean up again

If all else fails buy some 2000 grit wet/dry finishing sandpaper. The sheet must be clean and not lying around somewhere. Put rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle. Fill a clean bucket with water. Wet the paper and sand with even pressure. You can press a bit harder but only directly over the highway paint. Dip the sandpaper in the bucket every say 20 seconds of sandint to keep it clean. Spray alcohol on the area for extra lubrication. I have used this method to freshen up a white paint job on my buddys car. The area will need to be buffed out after you do this…

Works as a last ditch method.

mineral spirits :tup:

Depending on how thick it is, a clay bar should take care of it. Worked for me.

:word: me 2.

if its not bad use a clay bar…if its bad get soem real good bug and tar remover and let it soak in real good, then scrape it with a credit card then use a little compound over it then wax

I thought you were supposed to stay in between the lines :shrug:

<---- used to paint lines on the road.

Depends on what material the paint is? But in Canada they use most commonly is a water based paint or a oil based paint on their roads.

use a clay bar, see if that works for ya, and work you way up from there, start with the easiest most gentle first, then maybe some denatured alcohol.

haha i was waiting for someone to say that

im gonna try some shit today ill let u know how it goes, if i cant get it off im gonan get it professionally detailed

This method will work very nicely as long as the car wasn’t recently painted within the last few months or so. :tup:

Just use clay bar first…it will work

sandblast!!!

i know for a fact that would get the paint off :slight_smile:

ur car is white, whats the difference

you can still see it and the surface of the car feels like sand paper :wink:

this is a perfect opportunity to lose the orange stripes and get it painted red with white stripes :tup: