got road paint on my car...

i didn’t even know they painted the road. it happened on my way home from work last night im assuming. when i went oustside just now, my tires were yellow, and there is yellow paint on my car. its not so bad because my car is yellow, but how do i get rid of it??

I got it all over my car once. Most of the big drops I could pick off with my fingernail, but all the little specs needed to be taken off with a clay bar.

I still have a lot under my side skirt, but I’m lazy and you can’t see it anyways.

Happened on my wife’s Element when we were on a road trip, but it was orange paint, so I have no idea where it came from. I was able to get it all off with my fingernail

As mentioned, large chunks with fingernail, the rest should be able to come off with some heavy claying.

claybar. I got blue paint on mine once…don’t know how in the hell that happened b/c I don’t park in the handicap spaces…but it came off easily as the others stated. I didn’t bother w/ the stuff in the wheel wells on the black plastic wheel well cover. Some of it’s still there :ugh:

If you had a good coat of wax on the car it will be easier to get off.

I’d probably spray a little bug and tar remover to TRY and break it up some. Then be careful about picking it off and clay the car afterwards. Then a good wash and coat of wax.

They were striping the road a couple weeks ago outside of Comcast at 1 in the afternoon and it was 80 degrees out… LIke what the fuck, I wanted to bitch at them, that shit’s impossible to get off of paaint.

take a pressure washer to the wheel wells.most of it will come over.

wow… everyone has been hitting paint the last week, I wrote 7 estimates for road paint… goodluck getting penndot to pay for it!

And they aren’t posting signs for the painting. I’d had it all down the driver’s side of my xTerra and can’t for the life of me figure out where it came from. The routes I take and places I go in that SUV are always the same… and I can’t find out where it happened.
Luckily I got it all off.
Between that and the “fresh oil and chips” without any signs posted… I’m about pissed at the abuse my cars take that I have no warning about.

i tried the pressure washer, no luck. where is the best to get claybar?? its been on there a few days now…

I think places like Advanced Auto Parts or Autozone should have them in the detail area.

get a clay bar, and some bug & tar remover and go at it. If you cant get the fender wells completely clean, some black spray paint will cover up the rest.