:Random: Fraud at my work was in the Hamburg Sun.

Our fleet coordinator at my work might be doing some time, and he is really not the type of kid that would do well in jail. A few guys I work with are on here, I don’t think they know yet.
We all thought something was kinda funny when we would send in the company trucks for new tires and more tires would appear in the warehouse instead of going on the trucks.

Here is the article from the Hamburg Sun…

Fraud case uncovered

Town of Hamburg Police have uncovered a phony repair scam which had over $10,000 worth of personal automobile repairs charged to a professional business.

According to Detective Todd Ehret, who worked on this case with Detective Angelo Butera, James T. Whitaker, 25, Hamburg, conspired with Christopher Lavigueur, 21, Niagara Falls to use false purchase orders from a communications business Lavigueur was fleet manager at to provide parts and service to Lavigueur’s private vehicles. In return, Lavigueur would place a fleet tire order at the tire store Whitaker was manager of, valued at about $30,000.

According to Ehret, Whitaker told him this order would gain him recognition in the company and could have led to a promotion.

This agreement began in the autumn of 2008 and culminated in late March, early April 2009.

Lavigueur and Whitaker were charged with first degree falsifying business records, a felony; third degree grand larceny, a felony and fifth degree conspiracy.

Warrants were issued for both men.

http://www.thesunnews.net/policelog.php3

:tdown:

That kid will not last in jail.He better start finding cash to pay this back fast. Could not happen to a better guy or company!

Also in that same paper

Renzo (ultradriver) and his now-fiance announce marriage plans. :tup:

Oh thank you!

what section, the obituaries?

heeeyyyyyoooooo

Did jim whitaker go to st joes?

Facebook search the name

I <3 HPD

You say “we” like you were involved, yet you didnt get arrested?

I say “We” meaning the other 70 employees that noticed something wasn’t right about the way he ran things, “we” just didn’t know the extent of it and if “we” were just seeing things incorrectly from our point of view.

ha alright…

Only semi-related but amusing story…

My father is in charge of the guy who is in charge of his company’s fleet of Dodge Sprinters and he was telling me awhile back that this guy was trying to convince him that buying the Mercedes-Benz conversions for all the sprinters was a valuable business expense…

Obviously the guys in charge of fleets at various communication companies aren’t the brightest…

lol… maybe he didn’t notice the big mercedes logo on the side of it :gotme:

He wanted to spend $200 per sprinter on pretty much just the chrome star for the hood