Random U.S. car stuff not found in Canada.

hello,

I’m heading back to canada soon, and because i dont want to pack my souviners for family with me on the plane, i plan on mailing it up. Because i’m mailing it, i’m going to throw in some Sea foam, and mini-breather filters. If anyone wants some i’ll make sure to pack some for them and bring them to a meet. So post here what you want and i’ll do my best. The sea foam will probably be around $10-15 can. after conversion, and breather about $5-10. Once i pick them up i can give a real cost, but its not much.

So post here if you want it. and if there is something else small and easily found you want let me know and i’ll do my best.

~Nik

p.s. feel free to vote.

they dont sell seafoam in canada? btw where u going to in canada?

apparently not. I’m going to hamilton for a day then to school in waterloo.

… fruit takes the lead.

here are pics.

BREATHER FILTER (illegal in canada BTW):

http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/tfilterbreath.JPG

SEAFOAM:

http://www.seafoamsales.com/images/updates_whitecap.gif

for 5/10 bucks i’ll take a filter…pm me for details

you can buy breather filters here (which dont even do anything… ricers)

and you can buy foam for the chassis from most infinity dealers (it was used in the Q45 stock)

***Disclaimer - dont foam your chassis unless you have done all the other steps in race prep, like seamwelding it, cause you cant seamweld it
later on since it is flammable

well FU then, lol.

this is seafoam for the engine NOT the chassis.

and i have not seen breather filters without being ordered, but i will need to double check the price of them, might be 5-15, i forget the price. :x sorry.

You can get breathers at CT even dude, I don’t think they are Illegal in Canada.

i’m 99% sure they are if used, i dont know about the selling of them. but i personally have not seen them for sale in canada.

EDIT: yes they are illegal in canada, i assumed that they wouldn’t sell it but it might be like mod chips in videogames, where it is only illegal if used.

… but i am still bringign some back.

NOTE: this is not to make a profit, just trying to help people out, i’m giveing it to you, what i paid for it.

well at pac mall they go for 25/30 bucks so if u wanna get me one for 5 … why not.

He’s right I saw them.

you can get them here, but they cost about $10 or more if you go to the right place.

yes they are illegal, not the breather itself, but when you install it where a hose was supposed to be you are usually tampering with your car’s emissions control devices.

this is not a small fine, and i heard of several people getting wacked with it at Darkknights on the way in.

my friend got a ticket for the breather filter in his civic. ($300 fine)

I’m pretty sure that they sell them at pacific mall.

What’s so special about these breathers?

huh?
nothing they are breathers. Period.
I personally have not seen them at CT (i have not been looking). and i know they are illegal so i assumed that you could not get them in canada without ordering them. I know that the seafoam was of interest, and i saw the breathers so i figured, and assumed and offered them aswell.
… i’m sorry i’ll retract them from offering.
i did this purely for accessibility for people, not to make a profit, so i was just trying to help.

i thank you all, at least 6 of you, that told me they were offered in canada, though i think the first one covered it quite well.

if anyone is interested in the seafoam, please post or PM.

… and it seems fruit has taken a definate lead.

Fruit Owns Vegetables!

BTW Nik I’m interested in 5 bottles of seafoam.

What’s this seafoam stuff good for? Heard of it numerous times before but never got the story behind it…

"SEAFOAM

• Carbon cleaned engine and fuel system

This last bullet is the my main emphasis for this post. I’ve spent the last year rebuilding my '88 Corvette. Amongst the V8 crew I associate with there is a great product that we swear by. NAPA Autoparts sells SEAFOAM which is a petroleum based liquid that completely cleans the inside of your engine, fuel system, injectors, and crank case.

I bought 3 bottles ($6.00 each) for my Nissan. Pour 1 bottle into your valve cover through the oil filler cap and 1 bottle into the near empty gas tank (add 10 gallons of gas). Drive the car normally until you have used up all of the gas (then refuel your car as normal). Change your oil and oil filter. At this point your injectors and valves should be clean (normal injector cleaners purchased at autoparts stores really don’t do anything).

The next step involves disconnecting the break booster hose at the break booster. Insert a funnel into the end of the hose. Turn on the car and let idle. Slowly pour 1/3 of the 3rd bottle of SEAFOAM into the funnel with the car idling (pour very slowly, the car will run very rough while you do this). After doing this, turn the car off. Wait for 15 min. Turn the car back on and let idle. Black smoke will billow from your tail pipe for several minutes depending on how much carbon is in your engine (20 min. in my case). I actually did this last step 3 times (used the entire bottle).

At this point your entire engine should be clean…HOWEVER, your spark plugs and O2 sensor is probably covered from the thick black smoke! I changed the plugs and sensor at this point.

Voila! My car has noticable improvements in horsepower and idles like new…doesn’t surge…sits like a rock at 750 RPM’s.

As a side note, my car has 200+ thousand miles on it! I questioned whether or not removing the carbon would cause more problems than fix, i.e. create oil leaks. It did not.

Take from this post what you will. I’ve used it in many cars…works like a dream everytime. Most improvement is obviously gained on higher mile engines."

Ill take two cans of Seafoam. ($30 bucks worth)

Nik, try to check the price this time, I might get even more.