Range Rover Sport vs Wrangler

Unfortunately the terra grapplers are only rated to 112… I cant say enough about how great the brakes and suspension are on this. The brakes on this make me realize how scary the G8 really was at scrubbing off speed quickly.

Bumping this thread for Chuck @Trkbossls who recently got a low mileage '12 and is looking for Range Rover Sport advice / tips.

@LUC1F3R & @2TurboZ I figured you’d have the best knowledge since you’ve both had them for a few years now :+1:

Its a 12 RR HSE Supercharged. 11k miles, just wondering if its something to drive for a few years and not worry about anything or if it has known issues to look for and cash it.

Thanks!

@LUC1F3R I see you lurking…

I’m at 115K now, when I bought mine (80k miles) I replaced the supercharger isolating bushing and upgraded the pulleys. I also put the biggest tire you can on these, and my suspension is in need of an overhaul. I plan on going with the Poly kit from atlantic british ($600 and a long day).
Other than that I haven’t had any issues.
The two known issues that pop up a lot are collapsed sway bar bushings and the supercharger isolator bushing. Both are pretty easy fixes.
I plan on keeping this for as long as @Onyx_Z32 who had like 500k miles. :open_mouth: If the motor pops I plan on buying a junkyard shortblock and replacing the supercharger with twins.

Ha a lot has changed in 5 years, sold the RRS at 140k and now have a wrangler as a third vehicle. Finally these trucks are getting a better motor: 2024 Range Rover Sport SV Arrives Touting 626 Horsepower

I just got back from St. John USVI and had a Wrangler for a week. In THAT location a Jeep is a must for sure. Short wheel base even better. Nearly all the vehicles you see on the island are Jeeps. I did see one RRS and one G-Wagon.

1 Like

Love the wrangler for maneuverability. what did you think of st john? We have a trip planned to st croix. Wed like to buy on one of the two islands.

St. John is incredible and I definitely went down the real estate rabbit hole. There are lots of considerations and maybe this deserves it’s own thread. I’ve learned a LOT from talking to locals / YouTubers / just being there.

You need a Jeep on St John. The approach angle is super important since everything is crazy steep. There was a newer Escalade I saw where the bottom of the front bumper was trashed and falling apart.

At one point a vehicle in front of me broke down going up a steep hill. I had to off-road around the guy on a 30-degree+ hill to keep going. No chance doing that in a normal car.

1 Like