Rattle at 3000+ rpms

so for whatever reason, my car is rattling at 3000+ rpms. its annoying at fuck, and no one can figure out what it is.

any ideas?

where is it rattling? I have a rattle from the heatshield at lower rpms, one in my glovebox at acceleration, something under the hood when idling lol…

thats the death rattle, now the rust will start and your car will be junk, its how they all go
better sell it now and be done with it.

farmer

solution = wearing earplugs. LOL

exhaust turn the music up

heat sheild or exhaust leak?

ill trade it for a bike if i get the chance.

its from under the car somwhere.

its not just like a little rattle either its loud as fuck.

i took off the down tipe heat shield so its not that. and the shield attached to the chassis is mint and on quite firmly.

i dont think its an exhaust leak. can they make an extremely loud rattling?

I have a rattle too…its from my exhaust rattling the rear speaker bracket…just haven’t gotten around to fixing it yet. Definitely is annoying though.

put your car on jack stands and go under your car and start hitting things till you find a rattle lol

lol Talons go the very same way

i had that before… inside your cat. the element is loose and when i had it, it was over 3000k. Get under the car and shake the cat and i bet you will hear the noise

i got a rattle 5500rpm+ about the shifter area might be tranny dont know

I get the shifter rattle at 5k+, sounds like its coming from below the shifter and this mysterious rattle where the left defroster vent is near the windshield. You can hear the rattle from the engine bay, near the firewall on the driver’s side, It’s driving me nuts. lol

Many more, especially that moonroof once its up, every time you hit a bump.

Welcome to owning an S13. lol

if it’s a heat shield it’ll probably fall off at some point it’s a nissan. mine fixed itself on a highway bump lol. saw the heat sheild in the rear view mirror.

sometimes the cat can turn into peices inside and rattle around at higher rpm’s

release bearing

And if you have a Sentra SE-R Spec-V, the recirculation of those pieces kills your engine. Fun fact. lol

Most likely the culprit.

Catalytic converter.

Broken record in here. Sorry guys :stuck_out_tongue: