rb26dett turbo on sr20?

i found a replacement turbo for my s14 sr20, since the stock one is burning oil. i’ve done some research and from what i can understand is that the rb26 uses 2 T28 turbos, right? they might be alittle smaller then the sr20 T28’s but they have the same flange (T2) so the rb26 T28 will fit on the sr20.

Since the turbine is made of a steel/ceramic mix its pretty fragile and cant handle too much boost but thats ok because i plan to get a new turbo later. my only concern is will the rb26 turbo be powerful enough, or have enough compression or boost as a T28 off a sr? will there be any problems doing this?

im just learning about turbos and turbo engines so excuse me if its a stupid question! i really want to learn this stuff so can anyone help me out? thanks in advance!

Actually an RB26DETT turbo is a lot smaller then an S14 T28, I think it’s even smaller then an S13 T25! I’d just get a T25 or wait to get a real turbo.

Correct… makes a nice upgrade for a CA18 thou since its a tiny bit bigger + BB so it spools quicker but in the long run… not worth it.

Don’t get it…the wheels are junk.

i found a mint T25 so i guess ill just stick to that for now instead of messing around with this mixing and matching. untill i get a nice T28 :slight_smile:

I’d recommend finding a GTiR T28… its bigger then a S14/S15 T28 and because its not a BB turbo if it ever crapped out, the rebuild cost would be fuck all vs a BB Turbo

Most cases as well, their cheaper so its an all round bonus

I would recommend a gt2871r…hehehe

Actually, the GT2871 & GTiR T28 are quite similar… “to a degree”

The GTiR has a .86 hot side “same hot side as the GT2871R-GT3076R”

Just one is much older then the other and one is BB where as the other isnt.