Read any good books lately?

:tup: I have a pdf if you like to slack at work and would enjoy continuing your progress

The Great Influenza (revised edition)
by: John M Barry

Conscience of a Conservative- Barry Goldwater

Just started Cold Mountain (not Brokeback Mountain, fggt) a few days ago. Very, very good book so far.

Just finished “I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell” In 24 hours. It was pretty hilarious

just finished Watchmen, wanted to read it before the movie came out.
http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:30xaKRBKRrPSnM:http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/spotlights/news/watchmen.jpg

http://www.mountvernon.org/images/store/biggest/His%20excellency1lg.jpg

Fucking fascinating. Going back to the beginnings of this little experiment in democracy. Turns out he was just an arrogant asshole protecting his own interests and driven by perpetually having something to prove. The American dream at its most fundamental.

Fantastic study in leadership too.

currently reading “The Book of Bluffs”

http://www.muskegoncc.edu/Images/English%20Department/Teacher%20Man.jpg

Just finished “The Pillars of The Earth” by Ken Follett. Great read

Just finished:
A Nation of Sheep
By, Judge Andrew Napolitano

Currently reading:
The Creature from Jekyl Island, A Second Look at the Federal Reserve
By, G. Edward Griffin

The Case for Christ
By, Lee Strobel

damn I never saw this thread!

Crank by Ellen Hopkins.
Semi-true story about a girl who went to visit her father in New Mexico and started using crystal meth, and took on a new alias and persona.
Also, its written like a journal/diary.

The sequel to this book is titled “Glass.”

One of my favorite books I’ve read is “God’s in Every Man” by Jean Shinoda Bolen.
The book relates different people to ancient Greek gods. Very interesting.

The next book I plan on reading is “Burned” by Ellen Hopkins.

The Redneck Manifesto- How Hillbillies, Hicks, and White Trash became America’s Scapegoats
Jim Goad

It’s an interesting book

The Redneck Manifesto is the title of a 1997 book by author Jim Goad, in which he delineates some of his views about what he sees to be the disenfranchisement of lower-class White people, and how certain aspects of American society, such as racism and sexism, cover what he sees as a deeper concern relating to class conflict. His thesis is that the rich elite blind the poor, and cause them to fight one another, instead of working together for their mutual benefit, and confronting the rich elite.
Goad, a journalist by training, claims that most U.S. American Whites descend from impoverished Europeans, who were brought to the New World in shackles, like the African slaves later. Convicts, beggars, orphans, and the kidnapped were sent to America, and the Caribbean colonies, to work the land. The writer compares their plight to slavery, and argues that the institution of indentured servitude has been falsely portrayed as an option of free choice. His strong, albeit somewhat humorous and controversial defense of the white underclass, aka “White trash”, is largely based on the assumption that its members have been wronged throughout history, while they have been denied their rights by the upper classes’ insistence on portraying the position of the poor as a result of bad choice and character, unlike the poor of other ethnic backgrounds.

Just finished the book Glass by Ellen Hopkins, sequel to Crank.
About 700 pages, but written in verse to make for a good flowing read.
The next book to this story titled “Fallout” is due out at the end of the year which I’ll be looking forward to.

I tried to pick up Smack (titled Junk in Europe) by Melvin Burgess, but the major stores are sold out apparantly.

If I can’t find Smack tommorow, I’m going to pick up Identical by Ellen Hopkins.

Identical is about two female teen twins that deal with family problems, drugs, sex, incest, etc. Also written in verse.

I just finished reading “Good to be King” By Michael Badnarik.

Its a extremely easy to read and extremely helpful primer on Constitutional law. Easily the most baddass book i have read in a LONG time. I would recommend it to everyone.

Check out “A Million Little Fibers” by Steven Mctowelie. It’s a great read that relates to every day life.

Finished “Smack” last week. Good read, but written in European slang so I had to flip to the glossary every so often to understand some of these words/phrases.

I’m in the middle of “Identical” by Ellen Hopkins.

Next I’m going to read “Tweak” by Nic Sheff, then probably “Go Ask Alice” by Anonymous.

That does look interesting. Is Badnarik the guy who came to Buffalo a while ago to teach his 8 hour class? A certain distinguished gentleman invited me to it but I opted to not pony up a Saturday and a hundo for it even though I wanted to.

Did you buy this? If I can’t find it at a library can I kick you 10 bones to borrow it? Like, literally 10 bones though. Probably ribs.

:tinfoilhat: Of all the libraries at UB, not a single copy of this.

Yeah, its the same guy. I was going to go but slept until 3pm despite 2 alarm clocks. Oh well. You can borrow it when I am done :slight_smile: