Realistic Carbon Fiber Vinyl?

Is there any carbon fiber vinyl that gives a realistic 3D effect? I want to do my roof in it. Needs to be glossy, I saw some 3M stuff that looked great but it looked like the fiber itself without resin on it… You have my number, let me know!

yes, seen legit shit from some kid who got it on ebay.

3m di-noc is good shit
or you could try: http://decalfx.com/

3m cf vinyl. I have a small piece here come check it out

^^^ this stuff. from 2-3+ feet away you can’t tell it’s not real. It’s a foil type material and doesn’t stretch/heat shrink that well but lays out real nice.

the stuff john is talking about has metal actually in in. it’s VERY tough to do real hard curves with it as it could crease.

centola can get you an industrial roll if you like, i’ve talk to him about this before

+1 for 3M DI-NOC
Most realistic Carbon-Vinyl out there

If you use automotive clear over the stuff it adds the depth that the vinyl lacks for looks.

Good Stuff. I’ll have to measure my roof. I’m sure it stretches a little, right? My roof is a little domed, so I’ll have to do some stretching and shrinking.

with the vinyl ive used it shrinks after it sets for a while. so use a little bit extra and dont trim too much

It shrinks from heat. I’ll probably have a 1/2" extra tucked under the weather stripping for the doors and windows.

Been thinking about doing cf over the woodgrain parts in the s4 over the winter, youll have to let me know how your purchase works out

The 3m foil based stuff does not shrink well from my past experience with it. Someone may have other/better techniques with it though.

Jim if you get this stuff, I wanna check it out, I was thinking about getting some myself. Are you gonna install yourself?

And I get called ricer… lol

funny thing is to get enough to cover your roof your going to be looking at about $150 just for the sheet.

where as most ricer mods cost below $10

wrap in real cf.

I have about a 2’ square piece of this material left if you’d like to see it first hand prior to buying a full roll for the car.

This. if you want the looks…

Solar composits. Look at the fiberglass/carbon material. its 1/3 the price per yard, once it wets out with epoxy it looks exactly like twill weave real carbon fiber. Your roof is already black. I would scuff the clear coat with some 240 grit then pull the weather stripping away and mask off all the surrounding areas real good. mix up some epoxy and brush on a light layer over the clear, lay 2 -3 layers of the mat down, and carefully squeegee out the epoxy from under the mat, up through the material, wetting it out, add a little epoxy here and there to help. be carefull not to mess up the weave, it is easy to do and wont straighten out well at all. Let it all dry, then shoot it all with some autobody clear, block out and buff.

for the interior bits, PM me, I can pop them into my vac forming contraption and make overlays like I explained above. they conform great to crash shapes and curves and look great… nobody will know plastic is behind them.

I would never wrap the roof in real CF. Resin warps and contracts in heat. I’ll end up losing a sheet of CF and half the paint on my roof going down the highway.

Vinyl FTW. If it looks like shit, Peel it off and your paint is still there.

Adam, I’d def like to take a peek at the sample you have. What size weave does it compare to?