Rear glass installation troubles.

Oh, I also didn’t post up from last Sunday. They had a 3rd party appraiser come out and take a look. I was talking with him while he went over a few things and did his estimate. For one - he was a house appraiser - not an auto body appraiser. He seemed like a good guy but I was unsure why he was there. His estimate was for $600 and something. He mentioned in his report that the damage was minimal. The rep from SafeLite was sure to bring that up today and I said the damage may be minimal - but the repair process is extensive. I also asked that if I were to go by the 3rd party’s quote - where do I go to get that price!?! He doesn’t run an autobody shop and a contractor won’t paint my truck, will he? The SafeLite guy just repeated that he is a certified appraiser…

John, have you gotten an estimate from a body shop or anything on what it would be to repair the paint? I think its complete and total horseshit that they think a house apprasier is going to have any fuckin clue how to fix a truck, especially a truck of your caliber.

Of course man, that was my first action in the matter. When I first spoke with them their exact words where to take it where I wanted to get it fixed and fax them the estimate. I did and they said it was too high… so I went and got more all within 200 dollars of each other and they said it was STILL TOO HIGH! So to me that said they were just being stubborn to pay up.

If somehow that Judge tries to give you the $$ that the house adjuster says you should get, I would file an appeal. Seriously. There has got to be a significant financial difference between the two, especially with me knowing how much time and effort (and $$$) has gone into that truck.

Well I got the judgement today. I am happy with it. The judge went by the lowest shop estimate that I had gotten. So fair enough.

Just don’t deal with SafeLite!

glad it worked out for u!

x2

Well I knew it was too good to be true. I have been waiting for my check the past few days and instead got a phone call. Their corporate attorney out of Columbus called me and offered me a settlement in the amount of $613 (the independant appraisor’s estimate). He said they feel I am trying to gouge them and that they were planning on an appeal if I did not agree. Well, of course I don’t agree but this is getting fucking rediculous. If we go on to the county court I would have to miss more work and hire an attorney. He said he would give me until next week until he files the papers. I am going to call and up the offer to the $613 estimate plus my ~$250 that I origionally paid to have the window installed. If they don’t accept then I’ll have to go to court again. So much for this being over with…

holy fuck.

tell them you are filing a complaint to the BBB.

Well I have a slight feeling that my ass is no longer virgin. They accepted the offer of the 3rd party appraisal offer + refunding my origional cost of installation rather than going through the appeal process. He said they were going to send out the paper work for me to sign and send back… maybe it will take me longer than 30 days and they’ll be stuck with the origional judgement, haha!

In any case - fuck SafeLite.

Well after 3 months I have a check in my hand. Pending the clearing of this check it will finally be over with. Of course the truck is now sleeping for winter so it won’t be getting fixed any time soon. I guess I’ll put it towards getting some nice gifts for my family for Christmas this year…