rebuild on yz445 motor

I just took the motor out of my quad this morning. Ever sense I bought the quad, 4 years ago, I have had a stripped out 5th gear shift fork, and used the quad with only 1-4 gears. Well, i decided its finally time to have this shit fixed, along with a new piston and rings.

problem is, I have never done a 4 stroke motor. I can strip down, and rebuild a good old 2 stroke in under a hour, but have never done a thumper.

anyone here willing to make a little extra cash this year, to throw new shift forks in my yz426f motor?

How soon do you need it? It’s something I can do np, I’m just backlogged like a mofo as usual.

well, I have my whole quad torn down right now. I have bearings and shit I need to replace in the swingarm, want to have some shit sand blasted and powder coated. Most likely I wont be riding on the ice this winter soooo I wouldnt need it back for a while.

if your busy dont worry about it. I think I am going to have my sisters, boyfriends father do it.

IIRC you can get away w/o having the factory press plates. I’ve done a few bike motors, not a whole heck of alot to them and not much to screw up as long as you have the factory clearance specs to set everything to so you don’t have any shift bind on the drum.

if you need help just give me a shout.

sounds good man. Thanks

Rebuilding on that yz445 (or is it yz426f??) must be really challenging and I am sure that with the help he’s been promised they do a good job of it!! Since working on the 4 stroke motor is completely new for him, it must be an opportunity to learn something about that too!!

Rebuilding on that yz445 (or is it yz426f??) must be really challenging and I am sure that with the help he’s been promised they do a good job of it!! Since working on the 4 stroke motor is completely new for him, it must be an opportunity to learn something about that too!!