recommend an 802.11n router

I’m sick of my current router crashing and want to upgrade to N since my macbook is good to go.

I’m considering the apple airport extreme but $179 is a lot to spend on a router and I probably don’t need the features.

so what should I be looking at? I’d rather have reliable > features.

After going through the Netgear wireless N gigabit edition, and the linksys gigabit edition, i have gotten much better speed with, now dont laugh, the Dlink Xtreme wireless ‘n’ router and xtreme n PCI card (and really good speed with my laptop that uses marvels f1 ‘n’ card)

The netgear router gave nice range, looked really good, but was extremely slow with wireless N transfer’s. Same with the linksys, but a little quicker. I actually ended up putting my G with speedbooster back in because it was quicker (for these 2 routers, i used the linksys wireless ‘n’ card w/ the external antenna)

Then after reading the comparison’s on Cnet, they rated the Dlink extreme gigabit edition as one of the best you can buy at a store, and some other one if you order online.

So far it’s extremely reliable, and honestly changed my opinion on Dlink routers. The netgear was frustrating just because it would always cut out, the linksys because it was just very slow.

The only thing i dont like about the dlink is because i have everything set up with static ip’s, i had to change everything over to use 0.1 instead of 1.1 (i know you can change that in the router, but everytime you upgrade the firmware it resets, so i just changed it over that way)

Title: Recommend the proper forum this should go in
Body: http://nyspeed.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

idiot

what a tragedy.

why, no one has band width to actually use an N router, useless to spend your money on.

Or if you do a lot of in home networking. Streaming HD movies over a g with speedbooster over a 75’ range was almost impossible. But with n it’s doable. And i do it more than expected now that i have most of my basement done, and my desktop/media computer is 2 floors away.

I do a lot of large file transfers between my laptop and server… I could use the speed.