Who makes a good wireless router?

I am looking to upgrade the old wireless setup at home because it constantly loses signal, has no range and its stupid slow even with roadrunner. I am looking for something to run 3 computers. I just need it to be reliable and fast. Any suggestions?

http://tevami.com/gallery/BelkinN1VisionWirelessRouter.jpg

I use this…It might be over kill for you.

I’ve had good luck (for the most part) with netgear and linksys. Stay clear of dlink whatever you do.

linksys

linksys

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1175243247176&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=4717633028B05 i use this works awesome. i have it in the front of the house and with my notebook in the back yard i still have a strong signal

i am a fan of my old school d-link

Ive had great success with linksys, my Dad has had nothing but trouble.

His new Netgear is working out nicely, $40 at CC right now.

Just get the standard WRT-54G, cheap and available… They do the job good enough. Unless you have decent internet and N based wireless devices.

Netgear. Linksys works fine when you can get it to work - there will always be a problem with it.

I wouldn’t necessarily recommend wireless N at this point in time.

I have a linksys wrt54g2 v1

works great for a few laptops and a few hardwired connections.

netgear have been the most trouble-free for me

What model router do you have? Most of them have the option to adjust the signal strength.

I’ve had good luck with Linksys,D-Link is meh,this Buffalo I currently run has been rock solid.

This has been the best free mod I’ve ever done to anything,highly recommended…

Linksys has worked well for me. I remember when I had a linksys wired router. Good times.

I have a D-Link N router and it works wonderfully. But you can’t go wrong with Linksys, unless you’re running N.

I only recommend D link routers now. There older stuff was garbage, but in the past year, there products have done a complete 180, as have Linksys and Netgear.

I’ve been using my dlink wireless n router since jan. Have never had to reset it, and it’s worked awesome since day one (DIR-665)

I’ve had multiple linksys routers, and while they work for about 6 months to a year, after that you need to reset them more frequently. Same with netgear, except there products are generally garbage (now) Also, if your going wireless N, stay clear of linksys and netgear products, they are the worst (read reviews). Also, try and not mix and match wireless ‘n’ products.

I am using a linksys G router. I have constant problems with it, and I have almost no signal in the basement or upstairs, and I never had a connection better than 9mbps with roadrunner. What is the difference in a G or N router?

G has a theoretical max throughput of 54mbps, N is 300mbps.

With my d link n router, i can get 3MBps with my desktop, thats on the 2nd floor, about 30-40’ away. (router is on 1st floor in corner)

N is going to give you faster speeds over further distances. If you know your having problems with a g router, i would get the dlink wireless N extreme for 100$ (next week at BB).

just stay away from netgear n routers. they are complete shit and will not give you that much farther range/speed. Linksys will constantly drop connections and need rebooting.

All i can say, is go to cnet and read the ‘draft n’ router reviews. Netgear and linksys were both on the bottom of the list, with d link and one other company (only buy there stuff online) in the top spots.

I’ve never had a problem with my linksys routers, sometimes they would hang but then I would upgrade the firmware. This one I have now, the wrt54g, has been running without a reset for 6+ months. Probably will go down now that I said that.