Recommend me a dsl modem.

Hey guys right now i have verizon dsl, nothing special. And im using the westell 6100 that came with it. I know that verizon offered different better modems but have no clue what they are. I cannot for the life of me make this one work with a router to connect another computer and my ps3 to the interweb, have gone threw all the walk threws for opening or unlocking shit and what not and still doesnt work. I was told these modems are garbage and should upgade. Wondering what options i have and where i can find something good.

they have one that is Router/Modem…It’s wireless ask them for that. I think they sell them at best buy for an extra high price.

mindless I have a westell with wireless built in…You can have it…It came with Verizon DSl when I got it…

Ya they are garbage but for the general home use of internet browsing and wireless, its sufficient.

I ran into problems trying to forward ports and enable uPnP.

mine setup fairly easy … which walk through did you try using?

same here.
ive set up a netgear and a linksys to the modem.

bill you drive right by his place(apt) on a day to day … I would go with sherm :tup:

Im going to take you up on this thanks man. PM me a number and addy or something.