Setting up a router with Verizon DSl

I have, at my shop, a Westell 6100G modem that I would like to hook a router(Netgear WNDR3300 with DD-WRT) up to. Can somebody come to my shop in Tonawanda and just do it for me? I’ll give you like $20 or some blasting :slight_smile: for your 5 mins. of trouble. I just don’t fell like screwing with it.

Before anyone says DSL sucks I’m well aware! I can’t get Time-Warner or Fios back where my shop is without paying like $5000 to have them run the cable.

so what exactly needs to be done? just connect the two with cable? Does it need to be mounted? Is the router configured yet?

I’m sorry, I was not very specific. I want someone to configure it for me. It’s that PPPoe bridging, etc… crap I don’t want to deal with. Here is a page on how to do it. I just don’t want to deal with settings I know nothing about and possibly mess something up. I also wanted help opening up a port on the router for a CCTV system IF the person know how to do that. I used to know this stuff now I deal with what I know and have somebody who knows it do it.

If you were closer to my place I’d help after work, would take like 15 minutes.

Where abouts are you? I’m on Vulcan in Tonawanda(Riverside)

TWC has plant covering 90-400 vulcan st… Unless your 300+ ft away from the pole, you should be serviceable.

Do you know your verizon email address and password? If so, I’ll do it.

I know I have the modem login. I’m pretty sure I have the email login too, I’ll check. If not I’ll get it tomorrow. When can you come?

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

I did find all of my logins.

I did look into the Time Warner and they will run it to my shop for $6500 or if I sign up for a contract of 3+ years at $100+/month they will install it at no additional charge. But I do still need to set up a router in the mean time.

Old Bodgan Collision building? I grew up on Condon, house was right before Vulcan. I will give you a hand, not that hard.

Opposite end of Vulcan. I’m at the corner of Kenmore and Vulcan. When is good for you?