Verizon BS again.. router help

Ok guys again having problems. Right now the internet is working better but am trying to use a linksys router with a westell 6100 modem. Right now ive done everything that this site says to http://members.verizon.net/~res08lyg/6100.htm but i get to the last step which is the bridge setting thing and when the modem resets it will not connect to the internet im so fucking confused and do not know what else to try. Any help would be great.

PS, I’m the suck with computers so take it easy on me if im over looking something stupid

good thing i don’t work for verizon…

Verizon didn’t give you a wireless modem?? Thats what I got. No router needed.

I’m stuck with this pos westell 6100 as well. I’ve had it running with another router before, I remember plugging it in and changing a couple internet setting and it worked fine. Having 2 routers doesn’t sound like a good idea to me (I tihnk the westel is basically a router but with only one plug)

Try to get an actual router form verizon, I know they give them away to new customers.

When you put it in bridge its passing the traffic from the DSL line -> next device…

Switch the modem to bridge…plug the brings LAN port into a routers WAN port…

And the website is wrong about Verizon DSL…at least all the ones I have seen use PPPoE not DHCP…Maybe they use just DHCP in other areas?

Quick steps…

Set DSL modem to bridged mode…
Connect ethernet from a port on the DSL modem into the WAN port on the linksys
Login to Linksys
Configure WAN connection for PPPoE use your verizon login and password here.

Should work from there…

^^^ i tried that but it wont connect it just keep saying cannot find connection when i run it threw the linksys router… so i cant really set anything up. Fuck maybe ill just get a wireless router/modem thinger and go from there

got farther switching back and forth between bridged and PPPoE but no matter what i do it says router cannot connect to computer or some shit i dont get it verizons a hooker lol. The linksys says to have my setting to find IP automatically but westell says i have to put in my own i dunno i hate computers and thats all there is to it