Verizon DSL Modem

Anyone able to get this piece of shit to forward ports? Its the black antennaless wireless/ethernet DSL router modem.

No firewall, basic settings, been defaulted a bunch of times. Any incoming traffic just does not want to pass through. Only thing that works is turning on remote management which has all outside traffic to any port ending up in the web management page.

whats the model number?

Verizon modems seem to be a huge PITA to setup, especially when it comes to port forwarding

Just getting it. I miss my router at my house in rochester that was a pure pass through device. No more of this router/modem shit.

Here it is:

Software Version: VER:5.00.00.03
Transceiver Revision: A2pB020b3.d19d
Model Name: A90-750015-07
Broadband Connection Status: Connected
Broadband Connection Type: PPPoE
Active Status: 21:19:14:09
Configuration: 096-900186-00 A

http://www2.verizon.net/help/westell_upgrade/pc.asp

I just found that. A whole new version upgrade which I have never seen before. The auto upgrade in the modem has never worked. I wonder how this upgrade is gonna work through LogMeIn. Lol

Call Jack he the IT guru!

Fucking piece of shit router just crashed. There goes my remote desktop connection

lol that blows man

I feel your pain though, between Orb, UXM and logmein, it’s a PITA when it doesn’t want to work correctly

Ya its just frustrating becuase nothing works right on this and I kinda forgot about it since vista doesnt have remote desktop and just been using logmein but between getting the new SIP server online at my house to demo for a client and getting a virtual machine connected, its been one pain in the ass after another. The pass through mode doesn’t even work to allow me to just use my Linksys router.

call them and ask for them to send you the 4-port wireless version (thats what they sent me). It’s, hands down, the best router/modem from version I’ve used yet.

It came with the dryloop kit… pretty sure it’s a “verizon” modem/rebranded westell

I think I am going to do that. If I get home and this firmware doesn’t work, I am giving up and calling them. That page said that it works for the A90 and its a 6.X software but this page says the firmware is only a 5.X so its running the highest.

http://www.westell.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=838&arcsection=support

This is so annoying. Anytime I try to push a file to it, it says can not be read and then reboots the thing.

get a real connection if you’re going to be doing business from the network

zing

No its just a one call server to demo. Single SIP trunk, a off site and onsite WiFi phone, and one cabled phone. The real server is on a metro ethernet 20 meg up/down link and going on the customers site

even if you are just doing proof-of-concepts and demos, it is worth it to have a reliable, business class connection.

200Kbps down and 100KBps up is more than enough for all we are doing. I did a static NAT right to it and it works fine with 2 calls.