Recommend me a place that will install my exhaust Saturday March 2nd, please.

Recommend me a place that can finish installing an aftermarket catback exhaust for my Mazdaspeed3.

Well, I attempted to do the install in my cold ass garage last night. Figured it’d take an hour or so and be pretty simple. Got the stock midpipe off and wasn’t able to finish due to it being cold as shit, not the proper tools to get one last rusty bolt off and then couldn’t get the front two bolts with springs to catch threads upon installing midpipe so I said, “Screw it, I’ll try and take it someplace.”

One rear rusty bolt needs to be taken out still (hard to reach with the minimal hand tools I have), then the new system can be installed. Hardest part would be getting the bolts with the springs on them through the new midpipe and into the cat. Simple, straightforward install, I just cant finish it with what I have.

The car is currently sitting with nothing connecting the downpipe and cat to the axleback muffler haha It sounds awesome but it’s loud as hell and pretty much unbearable to drive so I’d like it done Saturday, March 2nd, sometime after 2:30-3pm, so I’m not running around all weekend with a car with no exhaust haha

Long story short, does anyone know a place or can recommend a palce that can fit me in for a pretty simple exhaust install Saturday after 2pm?

Thanks!

Paul B

Come see me paul I am here 8-1 today. 634 main at tonawanda

Edit if you’re going to be later call or text

Sent you a fb message reply. Im on base until 2 or 3pm today :frowning: Ill hit you up after though. honestly would only take a few minutes with proper equipment. Latest phone reset messed up my contacts so I dont know if i have your number still .

You can just borrow my heater if you want. It will heat your garage to t-shirt temps in 5 minutes.

Did you check with Don? He usually got me in on Saturday’s when I was home.

I’m not really doing much work anymore, that and I have to work at 2. If Joe can’t get you in, check with Devioustsi. He will most likely be able to help you

PAULLLLLL

I have that torpedo heater lol. You’re welcome to borrow any tools you might need.

Right now it’s not even about the temperature but I appreciate the offers for heaters. I can’t get a rusty fastener loosened and the front two bolts with flex springs I can’t get in either so I’ll give someone some cash to finish it up for me.

Thanks!

you’re welcome to stop by, i have a heater and air tools, and will be working on the BMW for a bit today. PM me if you’re interested, we could knock it out in no time. my only requirement is that you do a heater to make sure it’s all buttoned up properly.

Haha oh that sounds intriguing. Stupid ms3 doesn’t so very good heaters being fwd with snow tires but I may take you up on that offer if my most recent text to devioustsi doesn’t come through lol

Pm me your number?

PB
Should have hollered at me. I’ve got an angle grider.
Fixes all my problems.

I also have a 2010 MS3 and tried to do it on the ground and basically had the same problem…Eventually took it to the local Monroe and explained what I wanted…they didn’t understand quite what I meant so I ended up doing it myself and used their lift and just threw them a couple bucks for their time. Can’t imagine that working too many times in the future (insurance, liability etc) but that’s how I did it. LOL

should have contacted me. i was at the shop today. I may be willing to go back if you dont find anyone. Shoot me a pm

Thank you to everyone who offered to help in some sort of way. I appreciate it greatly. The job got done via 96V6Bird’s manliness, garage, and angle grinder in exchange for 12 Labatt Blue Lights. Thanks again, Norb!

Im sorry! Definitely putting one of those on my birthday wish list!

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Yup sounds pretty familiar. That’s what I was thinking I’d have to resort to; didn’t think a mid pipe would be that difficult. Now time to do a test pipe. Have you done the test pipe?

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Im sorry! Thank you for the generous offer! :slight_smile:

anytime, glad to help. car sounded good moving out :tup:

Holla! No heaters but she boogies along nicely. Definitely going to order the test pipe lol Thanks again!

let me know when it comes in, i’ll come over for that one as well.

Haha sounds like a plan. Ill supply beer and pizza. any one else is welcome!

Then it will sound like this. Awesome.

That sound’s sweeeet.

Badass!