Remote Start Install...maybe

I have a MARS-22 (OMEGA) Remote start system here and want to install it into a “2002 Buick Rendezvous”. It has the passkey 3. I’m aware that I have to buy a module to bypass that. Now, where abouts does this go into the circuit?..does it go to the 2nd starter output?

Also if anyone has a underdash wiring color code for all the needed wires (color) please pote it up.

Thanks.

have you ever done a remote start before? if not this is way over your head.

^^ what he said… if you never done one before… you might want to leave it to a pro.

as far as the bypass goes, you can try the ring around the key cylinder on the column and see if that works, if it does lucky… if not you need to cut into your factory transponder.
If you have a decent module, the bypass should just be a plug in.

Just took a look at the diagram, you will need omega’s bypass. It plugs into the satelite port where the jumpers go.

My suggestion is get a better remote start if you are going to do this…

get a data bus bypass so there is no cutting of wires. I would just pay the 50 bucks(for install plus bypass or so) seeing that it sounds like you have no clue what your doing.

you guys make it sound like rocket science!

Good luck

its all fun and games til you lock it up and it has to get towed to the dealership

Well…I have an electronics degree, I worked as a Robomatic Technician,…I rewired my firewall plug for a '98 PCM to work with my 96 GP. I rewired a 97 GP GT engine harness (changed every pin on the PCM plug = 72…I think) to work with a 98 PCM, Did the same for a 95 GP to work with a 98 PCM. I wired my dash cluster to work with a '98 fuel gauge because the 98+ runs through the PCM instead of directly to the sender. I’ve repaired my Xbox360…So, I’ve done a few things with electronics.
I guess my post did make it sound like I don’t have a clue, but I have a good idea. I will admit that I’m not 100% on it YET. Its DEFINITELY NOT something thats “way over my head.” I posted up this question on where the bypass goes because of right now, all I have is a manual that shows a real vague description of where the wires go and since I haven’t read cover to cover, I’m not positive that it has shown anything about the PassKey 3 or how to get around it,…hence my question. Thanks for the concern of the cars safety though.
Oh, and I have a PCM writer and access to a Tech II. :slight_smile:

the12volt.com

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/appguide/2002/Buick/Rendezvous.html

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~37749

Buick

Rendezvous

2002-2003

Remote Starter Wiring Colors and Notes

Function

Vehicle Color

Start:

YELLOW

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS *

Ignition #1:

PINK

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Ignition #2:

GREEN

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Ignition #3:

N/A

Accessory:

ORANGE

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Brake Light:

WHITE

AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL

Tach Signal:

PURPLE/WHITE

AT COIL MODULE

Parking Lights:

LT. BLUE (-)

AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH

Headlights:

YELLOW (-)

AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH

OEM Alarm Disarm:

PURPLE (-)

IN A PINK PLUG AT THE BCM UNDER RADIO

OEM Alarm Arm:

Diesel Glow Plug:

N/A

Clutch Bypass Wire:

N/A

Notes:
* This Vehicle Is Equipped With GM’s PassKey III Anti-Theft System, See Installation Note #144 - Bypassing Transponder Theft Systems. To program additional keys for GM PASSK-KEY III please See Note #147.

Buick

Rendezvous

2002-2003

Alarm and Keyless Entry Wiring Colors and Notes

Function

Vehicle Color

Constant +12 Volts:

ORANGE

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Starter Kill:

YELLOW

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS *

Ignition +12 Volts:

PINK

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Dome Lights/Superv:

BLUE/WHITE (-)

OEM Horn:

BLACK (-)

STEERING COLUMN HARNESS

Power Lock:

RED/BLACK

IN A PINK PLUG AT THE BCM UNDER RADIO **

Power Unlock:

RED/BLACK

IN A PINK PLUG AT THE BCM UNDER RADIO **

Trunk Release:

WHITE/BLACK (-)

IN A # PIN GRAY PLUG AT THE BCM UNDER RADIO

Alarm Input Wire:

BLUE/WHITE (-)

Notes:
** This Is A Single Wire Door Lock System. A Single Ground (-) Pulse Will Unlock All The Doors. A Single Ground (-) Pulse Through A 470 Ohm Resistor Will Lock All Doors. Diode Isolate The Lock Pulse. See Note #211

Thank you :slight_smile:

hope it helps. canbus can be a pita

Yeah, thats what I’ve been reading. More I read, the less I want to do it.

Those cars arnt that bad to do, all the wires are easy to get to.

If you know how to use a multimeter, you understand the functions of what each wire is doing, and you know how to solder or use t-taps correctly, I wouldnt be affraid to try it. However if you rush and careless, you can do some damage. I agree with what dreid said, its all fun and games until it gets towed to the dealership lol.

If you have any specific questions or need parts, shoot me a PM.

the truck is easy. parking lights can be accessed thru the side panel of the dash on the drivers side. locks and alarm dis arm are behind a panel door on the center console. ign #2 is a smaller gauge green wire(not like 12v, ign 1 etc…). I just took out the one i installed in my managers so they could trade it in for a H3

if your looking for a bypass, hit up rainbow or somewhere and ask for a Omega Pass23A. connect a few wires for the bypass. start vehicle with key. wait for light to blink 4 times and it programmed. then you just need to move the jumper into operation mode and you have just bypassed the factory security while the vehicle is being RS’d

If you want i can get you a compustar with keyless and 3000ft range for 150 installed

3000ft range? What model would this be for $150 installed?

pm me, im not clustering up his thread

Compustar 1W900FMS has a 3k’+ range, and can be had for ~$120 retail.

I bought & installed a pair of them for teh wife & myself last year. Great units.

And the range numbers are realistic, I’ve started my truck from places I didn’t expect it to work.

deal pm me

Yep thats the unit…

also if u trip gm passlock and your vehicle wont start with the original key by leaving it in the key on engine off position u can reset it takes like 20 minutes it when hte security light stops blinking