Remote Starts

I have a 99 Explorer…I want remote start. I dont want one that sucks and screws up my factory ignition.

What is a good super reliable no hassle brand…who has them…what does it cost? I want it now!

my dad has one on his 03! dont know what its called! ill ask him tho!

hope that helps.

It will help when you have the answer :slight_smile:

he didnt know the brand, but it was like 450$ he said or something lol.

there are 2 places that have starters advertised for 129$, the place in the home depot plaza on transit (by regal) and the place on 5corners, i just dont remember their names lol

I dont want cheap and non functioning christmas time specials.

Rainbow installed a real no frills remote start for me in my wifes old Prizm years ago. Amazing range, never had a problem with it. We sold the car several years ago but as of a few months ago I know the remote start was still working. Couldn’t tell you what it was but I’m sure they know.

Hopefully a member of the BDR fam can chime in.

Call rainbow. They use Omega RS’s. They also can upgrade you to a 2 way system or even a compustar. I use the Omegas starters and they work great. Great range and user friendly. The Omega is the standard there. Lifetime warranty on labor as well. The starters have a 1 year i beleive but the only problem I have seen is remotes going back due to them being dropped.

I hope he has a fancy 2 way system with ALL the bells and whistles for that much. good god man:banghead:

Did a search for Omega RS’s and judging by the pictures of the remotes I found that was definitely what they installed in the geo all those years ago.

can this be a sticky. I seriously am just going to make a sign at work that says where to get them.

I have a compustar

like 150 bucks, installed at stereo advantage, been on for 2 years and still starts every time.

I put in two ultrastart units, one in my s4 and one in the wifes g20. Never had a problem with them. I like ultrastart because they have nice remotes with good range and you can pick them up for around 100.

well it was 450 w/ installation, it has like a 800000000000 foot radius for theft and starting or something idont know lol

anything made by directed electronics (i.e. Viper, Python, etc). I do installs at Circuit on the blvd if you wanna stop by and check out some prices

I have a omega in my car. Have had it for 5 years now and all i had to replace was the battery in the remote.

valet or viper, i’ve had both and never had any problems, i had the simple just start valet one and the 2 way viper one (791 vx i believe), and as for where to go rainbow does great work, and so does custom radio(the place on transit by home depot)

That is Custom Radio in the Transittowne Plaza, other side of the plaza from my work, I have never had one installed so I cannot vouch for quality

Thinking about one for our mini-van.

I just called rainbow, they said theyre using the Excalibur RS-310 now, at least that’s what they recommended to me. I mentioned omega but he didn’t seem to receptive to them.

Just under $200 installed with tax, and lifetime parts and labor warranty, 2 remotes.

anything made by DEI is fine kyle…price depends on how fancy you want it to be