Simple car starter?

Does any one know of just a simple remote car starter?

i dont want any fancy one’s just a simple inexpsenive remote car start for my car. dont want a POS one either. trying to keep it under $150 w/ install…

any idea’s?

thanks

Do yourself a favor and get a decent one, I have a 1 Start or I start whatever its great. Well all that really matters is the range. The one I had before in my truck had a shitty range. This thing rocks, I can start it wherever.

I had four installed last fall (~9/04) @ Underground Autosound. Not a single problem yet. Jim is something of a dick, but I’ve NEVER had any problems with him. Oh, uh I think the only one that was just a rem.strt was ~120 installed iirc.

Other then that, SCAP does other good work…?

$0.02

-nick

CHEAP = problems later on…talk to Derrick at Rainbow

We can come close to that at CC. If you don’t want keyless I can do it for $120 installed for a Code Alarm unit that can be upgraded to an alarm and keyless for just extra labor and a siren. Has about a 1000ft range. You probably need a bypass, if you pm exact year and model of your car I’ll check it for you and let you know tomorrow, or you could stop by or give us a call. This is only good at the Cheektowaga CC since the unit is a clearance unit from last winter. These used to go for $200 installed and both labor and equipment are coverd with a lifetime guarantee.

chip in the key? factory alarm that goes off when starting?

if so add $75-100 on to whatever price you see…

if you dont want keyless theres plenty of places that will do it for $99 installed (transponder bypass and disarm would probably be extra)

i know stereo adv has this same deal with the ‘low end’ compustars… $99 w/out keyless, extra $30 w/ keyless, ~1500ft range i think

only reason i say there are plenty of places is because $99 was the going rate for competition last winter… im sure its the same this winter… look around… compare prices AND brands… get the best for your money, not the cheapest you can find… and honestly i’d go w/ atleast keyless if i were you, maybe even trunk pop…

Is this for the IS. Do you have keyless on the key or on a seperate fob. You’ll defi nitely need a transponder bypass, but if your keyless is on the key I wouldn’t bother w/ it. It’s a pretty simple hook up on that car though. You’ll probably need to wire up the keysense or disarm for the factory alarm. Shoot me a PM

I need one for my wife’s xterra.
What and where is CC?

circuit city. me and josh work at the one on union road in cheektowaga.

isn’t the IS a 5 speed?

if your car is standard you cant get one-its illegal on standards.

compustars are NOT illegal for standards…

they recently had a run in with the law and finally got rid of the auto/manual jumper on the brain and now they have 2 seperate ‘models’ one for auto and one for manual for each of their starters…

Affirmative.

my keyless is on the key.

and my car is a standard. is that a problem?

Im looking for the same thing, i need JUST a start, i have factory remote and alarm so ALL i want is a starter

This is a 99 passat auto

What can circuit city do it for?

99 passat needs a transponder bypass, which is $50 (also will lose a spare key). your looking at $170 installed with everything.

my spare key has no transponer in it though

does the spare key start the car? or just open the doors?

For all you with factory keyless and alarm, it will make your life so much simpler to get a remote start/keyless unit so you won’t have to use two keyfabs every day. It’s at most another $30 ontop of the remote start price and is worth it for convienience(sp?).

I agree but on some newer vehicles the keyless remote is part of your key. I would never carry 2 remotes but obviously you need to have your key so in that situation why pay the extra cost on a multi-channel unit and install.